Home | About | Donate

'We Urgently Need to Change Our Way of Living,' Experts Warn as Heat Wave Causes Historic Ice Melt in Greenland

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/01/we-urgently-need-change-our-way-living-experts-warn-heat-wave-causes-historic-ice

These experts (i am not decrying them) can blather on for eternity about what needs to be done. It will not happen - simple as that. Most westerners are too reliant on their “creature comforts”.

2 Likes

And I fear we passed the point of no return quite some time ago. The Great Unraveling is only going to accelerate now, sadly.

2 Likes

Every day i am thankful that i do not have children. My cat still breaks my heart tho.

2 Likes

This morning I updated my front page and now some 12 hours later I need to do it again…further evidence of a Blue Ocean Event this fall.

The costs to society are unimagined by our government, they are not trained in mass panic. Do Not Panic, there are plenty of others to take your place. Give peace, share respect, only love remains.

Yes. Look at this:

It’s all in the numbers. US expenditures to maintain a fossil fueled empire through war, death, weapons sales, and human rights violations by way of it’s perverse “defense budget” $1,7,000,000,000,000. US expenditures to transform it’s economy and infrastructure to vastly reduce CO2 emissions and possibly save the planet $0.00. The orange pustule, and the corporate owned, millionaire infested federal legislature are pounding the final nails into our coffin, then they will piss on our grave.

1 Like

Sorry, that’s $1.7,000,000,000,000 or 1.7 TRILLION DOLLARS. That could build a few windmills, and public transit systems.

All children are your children ,only when we understand that we are all One will change happen in a way that works for the highest good of all .
A master teacher told us this a few millennia ago we never listened .
We are about to Awaken The Species .

If Clint Eastwood likes talking to empty chairs Carmel might be just what he is looking for in the future. How about floating chairs.

No, i refuse to mourn humanity. We have earned our extinction a thousand times over, it is the rest of the planet that i mourn.

1 Like

Watch this and be inspired to ensure that what is scientifically required becomes politically possible! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdSmnlVC_yk

There is a critical pathway we must follow if we are going to get on top of this problem of climate change. It is no use entering the path in the middle. We must start at the beginning. The beginning is expressed in that old saw (aphorism) “Who Pays the Piper Calls the Tune”. We the people can do much to reduce our green house gas outputs but only the politicians can put in place policies to do the heavy lifting. And they will not do so, despite all the good and encouraging words they spout as long as they are financed by vested interests. They know if they don’t toe the line, they will not be financed at the next election cycle. We should abandon, temporarily, all our most worthwhile campaigns and get together on this one. Politicians must be financed from the exchequer. It is an illusion to think that we are getting some sort of a bargain with someone else paying. Like many things that are free, they cost a huge amount and the present system is costing us big time in so many way. https://mtkass.blogspot.com/2018/01/wasted-effort.html