Home | About | Donate

We Welcome Asylum Seekers and Defend Their Rights

We Welcome Asylum Seekers and Defend Their Rights

Rev. William Barber II, Noam Chomsky, Noura Erakat, Tom Morellow, at al.

We—activists, scholars, writers and artists—strongly condemn President Trump’s efforts to vilify, intimidate, and use force against refugees and asylum seekers at and approaching the U.S. border.

0 Likes

When I was in grade school the Kennedy VS Nixon campaigns were running. When JFK was elected and the Peace Corps was up and running the country had a sense of purity and compassion. Albeit other forces were criminal as hell at the same time. Mafia, CIA, and political assassins.
When did we abandon our human rights agenda and move to the I, me, mine model of Americanism?

0 Likes

gradually over six decades

0 Likes

Except for the indigenous people-------including maybe some long ago Vikings----everyone and their genes is an immigrant to America. Sadly, some genes were welcomed right away------the Irish were not, nor were many from Eastern Europe. Today it seems that everyone in the 21st century is a mixture of many nationalities or tribal groups or whatever you call a group of people with similar foods and customs. There are wonderful people from all races, and not such wonderful ones either. There are foods that are unbelievable to eat and others that are very unappetizing —from all places around the world -----and even foods many can’t stand are some of the American foods too.
YOU just never know who will chase down an idea that benefits everyone, like vaccines–or who will create a way to share the news —that ONCE UPON a time was believable----but not so much now—but that is why there is the rise of the small presses. :slight_smile:
Sadly all leaders of all nations lie----and no nation is ever as glorious or fair as its commercials sell it to be. America started when people believed that life could be more—and without a pesky government trying to control it all---- and most often , nations like that end up ruining themselves. I like that little kids story of STONE SOUP, as it shows that it takes all kinds of ideas and people to make a society work , or even make a meal work! : )

1 Like

Amen!

1 Like

Those who help the US invade a country traditionally get a free pass in for themselves and their families. Immigration also helps the bottom line of growth that the stock market requires.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-now-says-he-wants-more-legal-immigration/ar-BBTgG5J

0 Likes

The Peace Corps was slowly infiltrated with agency folks and agency purposes.

0 Likes