Home | About | Donate

We Won! And That's the Way We Want It! And They're All Coming Back! And I Have No Idea What I'm Talking About! Like, None!

We Won! And That's the Way We Want It! And They're All Coming Back! And I Have No Idea What I'm Talking About! Like, None!

By all means, bring our troops back from Syria and all the other war-torn countries in a rational, informed way. But Trump unilaterally, incoherently declaring victory over ISIS, "who hurts the world,” isn't it. Never mind officials knew nothing and it's a gift to Vlad and ISIS is still 30,000 strong. Watch his bonkers video wherein a blathering Trump celebrates fictional "historic victories," praises U.S. troops as "heroes of the world" who've "killed ISIS," claims “we’ve taken back the land,” and says our dead soldiers - points to sky - are “up there looking down on us, and there is nobody happier or more proud." What the ever-loving fuck.

Our president the dipshit has spoken.

If he brings the soldiers back, score that +1, whatever his yakkety-yak.

Do we have any confirmation that this is really what’s happening, though? He hasn’t, like, redeployed them to Palestine or Yemen or something?

This Abby rant is kind of silly though I love a good Abby rant. It’s like she likes what the dolt announced but can’t bring herself to give it a true thumbs up.
I am 100% for pulling out our people from Syria - right NOW. Ditto with Afghanistan and Iraq. And I am all for Czar Puttie to come in and take our place. Why?
Because it’s a fracking quagmire and rather Russia be stuck in it than us. Also because it will allow the only state with any sense in the entire region - Iran - to grow a little stronger to counter the murderous wackos in Saudi Arabia. The Iranian government and religious leadership may be wacko also but the Saudis are orders of magnitude more insane and unstable.
And it would make the illegal state of Israel sweat bullets which is never a bad thing. Hopefully a Russia/Iranian alliance could get the Palestinians their state… I’m just pipe dreaming now…
I do feel a bit badly for poor little Jordan who loses no matter who does what…
Back up the bus and get out of the entire region . Let’s hope the War weenies at the 5 sided Genius Bar don’t talk big orange down on this one…

Is Trump saying what he means or is he another George W Bush who said “Mission Accomplished” & kept the troops in Iraq? The USA should get out of all the war zones, end aid to Saudi Arabia & Israel & shut down their bases abroad.

It is better to have Russia in Syria than the USA. The USA is there to violate Syria’s sovereignty & Russia is there to protect Syria’s sovereignty.

And to protect their naval base on the Med…

Abbey Zimet: “Vlad, Vlad, Vlad. Russia, Russia, Russia. Bad, bad, bad.”

Last I noticed, Russia was in Syria at the request of the internationally recognized government of that country.

Russia and Syria have been doing a pretty good job taking care of ISIS. American presence in Syria is neither necessary, desirable, or legal.

To your query:

OK, so no pigs flying, no troops withdrawing.

But the article here is worth a couple reads (and thank you!):

“This president can have all the foreign policy ideas he wants, but the Pentagon, State, the intelligence apparatus, and the rest of what some call 'the deep state/ will either reverse, delay, or never implement any policy not to its liking.”

Lawrence means that Trump wants to draw down the military, but that somebody in higher authority will not allow it.

To whatever extent this may be true, it strikes me as obscenely dangerous, or worse. First, the US president does not command the armed forces. Next, as breathtakingly counter-intuitive as this is going to seem, when this government sits down and holds a powwow, Donald Trump is apparently not the craziest party at the table.

It should also not escape us that our other presidents do not appear to have had a lot of rifts with whoever or whatever this craziest person entity might be.

I am not saying Trump is particularly sane. But I do think Abby ought to consider from whom we want the country returned. Apparently, it is not Donald Trump.

"They’re up there looking down on us, and there is nobody happier or more proud of their families to put them in a position where they’ve done such good for so many people (sic)…We won, and that’s the way we want it, and that’s the way they want it.” What the ever-loving fuck. The way we want it:

More proof “Only the good die young” why not your know who

Not only that, but like TrumPutin said of the soldier who died in Niger, “He knew what he signed up for.” Said the man who begged off serving during Vietnam because of bone spurs but who fought his own Vietnam trying to avoid STDs while having sex back home.

Did somebody do away with Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution while I wasn’t looking?
Constitution Article II

This shows the deep understanding Putin has of the United States. Putin elected the right man as US President, and now reaps his reward.

Interestingly enough, the badger-headed POTUS has also now committed to ending the military presence in Afghanistan. And I’m sure he was equally artless in how he said it (that always seems to be the objection, as in this piece. Bad style, so…).

Is Trump serious? Well, something must be, because Mattis is quitting.

IF this happens, it’s more good than the last 16 years of Democratic presidencies combined. IF, for those of you challenged by the typed word.

This isn’t an endorsement of the Orange Buffoon. It’s a statement about how pathetically low our standards are for presidential behavior in general.

HI merf: yes, leave Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq and definitely Prince MBS too —but you left out the Israelis! Someone in that Likud government just declared that the Palestinians were “Nazis.” omg-------- so the loons re winning.
sigh—GW Bush was bad enough—I will never forget GW’s “Mission Accomplished…” speech standing thee in a flight suit as if he had won a war. But mostly my 2 favorite GW moments are when the Iraqi man threw a shoe at him, and the other was when he declared something and then marched to the exit —and the doors wouldn’t open…that pretty much summed up GW…no exit. : )

It appears so.

And it seems that they did not advise us of the alteration.

Cute line that one. Seriously why would Russia repeat the mistake they made in Afghanistan ? And they pundits are saying that this is all a ruse or just another distraction. Besides when do politicians especially that particular parasite speak the truth. Instead they create their own “truth”

According to Article II, Section 2, the president is the Commander-in-Chief of the US military. You said he isn’t. Not true.

Yep. I should have included the illegal state of Israel. Thanks for catching that!! Ah Shrub… a kinder gentler killer… thanks for the memories Stardust…!

Maybe the Solstice has me dreaming but just think of what this country COULD be and do if : we got our war machine out of all the countries we are in, got our CIA out of every country they are actively bent on destabilizing, everyone paid a living wage, fully fund schools and childcare as well as college and trade training and retraining, begin immediately on the proposed Green new deal and extend it to really tackle the climate crisis - especially how it affects the people least able to cope, stop spending so much on inane border security measures that does not make us safer, stop allowing the wealthy to skirt paying the taxes they should and cap the limits of personal wealth as well as disallow passing it down generationally, stopped big Pharma in its tracks with nationalization under a newly well funded created NIH division. We will still let them stay in business making nonsense drugs like cosmetic fillers et al and OTC crap that really doesn’t work but all real and necessary drugs and vaccines will be made by NIH and given free or at low cost, doctors were all national health employed and given salaries commensurate with outcomes, and of course we instituted a national health plan immediately and worked in a bipartisan fashion to actually keep evolving it to work better and better each year. Oh it it would include mental health care with no limits as well as dental and eye care. … yup I am Solstice dreaming… but just think what COULD be…