Home | About | Donate

Wednesday Is National Call-In Day To Stop the TPP

Wednesday Is National Call-In Day To Stop the TPP

Dave Johnson

Wall Street, the multinational corporations and President Obama are pushing for a vote on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) in the “lame duck” session of Congress that follows the election. Wednesday, September 14, is a national call-in day to Congress to stop this.

Use this link, or use this number, 888-659-7351. Ask your representative to issue a public statement against the TPP.

Isn't this action called a non-violent show of non-cooperation?

But.......then he had to cozy up to Hillary and Bill for allowing him to be the presidential candidate in 2008.
Obama certainly wasn't going to kill off Bill's legacy legislation.....NAFTA.

Obama couldn't miss the fact that Bill Clinton has enjoyed an 8 figure annual corporate speaking fee income since 2001 ($17 million in 2013 alone), not to mention Chelsea's $200K job straight out of college (back when $200K was real money), and realized that TPP, TTIP and TISA would be the Obama family's ticket to that gravy train.

I don't believe that "they" had a problem with either Obama or Hillary.
What "they" had a problem with were black voters.

Not if the Democratic Party decided to dump the black man in favor of "whitey."
If Obama had been passed over, the black community would have lost its collective mind.
Justifiably.

I called Nancy Pelosi, my "representative." Voicemail box is full, and not accepting messages. I wonder if this reflects the status of her bank account.

Called my representative. Sent a message to her secratary and a little later got an email from the rep with some ambiguous dialogue that at best implies that while she supports the TPP as a whole she is open for congress looking at it more before voting on it. Not holding my breath though...