Home | About | Donate

Welcome to 'The New Abnormal': Apocalypse Still Looms as Doomsday Clock Stays at 2 Minutes to Midnight

Welcome to 'The New Abnormal': Apocalypse Still Looms as Doomsday Clock Stays at 2 Minutes to Midnight

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Thanks to world leaders' failures to adequately address the threats posed by nuclear weapons and the climate crisis—in spite of mounting public pressure for bold action on both fronts—the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists announced Thursday that the Doomsday Clock remains at two minutes to midnight, "the closest it has ever been to apocalypse."

I agree. I think the midnight bell was struck already some time ago. Humanity just hasn’t realised it yet. The 2020’s will be the decade of global panic and the 2030’s will see the completion of societal collapse. Pure speculation, of course.

3 Likes

Oh I don’t think we need pure speculation for that:

1 Like

"Runaway Global Warming likely within the next two years" –

Think that was from one of the articles here posted in 2018

The familiar peace symbol was born in the 1950s (designed by Gerald Holtom) by superpositioning of the semaphore flag representations of the letter N (signalman holds left and right flags at equal angles from his sides) and the letter D (signalman holds left flag straight down and the right flag straight up) and stands for NUCLEAR DISARMAMENT.

PEACE, Y’ALL!

But we need to have more kids and go shopping. Stop bumming our trip.

Could someone please let me know when Rachel Maddow is going to start World War: The Final Episode? I’d like to spend what’s left of my money. Oh and there is Daniel Ellsberg.

https://therealnews.com/stories/the-doomsday-machine-the-big-lie-of-the-cold-war-daniel-ellsberg-on-rai-1-8

Peace
Po

You get a gold star on your forehead for this comment. Thank You!

1 Like

Steve Winwood ~ Time Is Running Out

1 Like

You would think that with all of the practice we have had shooting down alien space craft we would be the equivalent of an arcade wizard.

Hello Nordicsicilia.

Yes, I am very familiar with Guy McPherson and I believe he speaks the truth about our demise. If he’s correct, none of will be alive in seven years.

1 Like