Home | About | Donate

'Well That Is Incredibly Racist,' Harris Campaign After GOP Sen. David Perdue Calls VP Nominee 'Kamala-Mala-Mala-Whatever' at Trump Rally

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/17/well-incredibly-racist-harris-campaign-after-gop-sen-david-perdue-calls-vp-nominee

2 Likes

Just a bigot, among supporting bigots, who are all supporting the most bigoted administration in America’s history. Perdue may have only been doing ‘political theater’ to enhance his standing with Trump’s fascist bigoted base. (’Not’ - He’s both a bigot, and doing political theater thing.)

9 Likes

Cartoons were funny on Saturday mornings, in politics, not so much. Send Porky Pig Perdue to the Bacon factory where he belongs–then boycott bacon as part of your health-care plan.

9 Likes

Our beloved democracy is a capitalist form of government known as representative democracy; it represents capital.

Democrats are partners with republicans. The job of both parties is to make sure there is no social progress for wage slaves.

11 Likes

I haven’t wanted to breathe a word of it, but once upon a time in California we encountered something called the “Tom Bradley effect.” Though I didn’t like her as a presidential candidate (compared to Bernie) I’ve always liked Kamala Harris as Biden’s VP choice – I think she was the best choice, and she continually demonstrates her rock-solid competence through difficult situations like the veep debate. But the first thing which crosses an old Californian’s mind is that Tom Bradley effect. It’s like a neurological dysfunction of “white” people – such that they tell the survey-pollster something different than what they do “in that voting booth” – as we used to say, back in the day.

Right now is about time for palefaces to gin up that Tom Bradley effect like never before, by any means necessary. Biden is up there in years, and this beautiful woman could wind up becoming our president. OMG!!! It was traumatic enough learning to pronounce Barack Obama!

I shouldn’t joke around, and minimize it. The endemic racism in this a big deal, so cross your fingers.

3 Likes

Mispronouncing names is an old insult. Pappy Bush used to be all over the place when saying Saddam Hussein’s name. Bigots do their best to attack people’s dignity by not saying their names correctly. Kids do it as well. David Perdue is just a superannuated 6th grader.

12 Likes

Racism has been the GOP’s brand for more than a half century. If he loses, Perdue will not be “going to the bacon factory”, he will walk into a K Street retirement gig that is already earmarked for him and starts at more than $2 million per year, more than 10x his Congressional compensation.

If they win on November 3 the Biden/Harris Administration should immediately launch Nuremberg style trials to bring these GOP operatives to justice. With her background as a prosecutor, Harris is a perfect fit for leading that effort.

6 Likes

Giving Trump credit for this racism gives the rest of the gop members of the party, and the party it’s self cover for denial, that shouldn’t be the case. This is who the entire party is, and has been since Raygun kicked off his first presidential run at the countries most racist county fair in Neshoba county, near Philadelphia, MS. 36 years of this racism, and division of the country by race and income brackets, is what allowed Trump to emerge from the shadows. They did it to maintain their power through the years, and the country most likely will never recover from it.

11 Likes

I worked at a factory. There was an Asian immigrant working there whose name was Tee. The plant employees (all of them white) called him Justin because Tee was too foreign and hard for them to pronounce or remember. The idiocy of telling me Tee was more difficult to say than Justin was not lost on me. Of course the real reason was to Anglicize him, but all of them would have said it was not racist, and none of them would have been correct in so saying.

9 Likes

Do we expect anything less from the repugs!!!

Should be exposed but why hasn’t the media talked about the repugs packing the court for last four years and denying much of Obama’s picks for 8 years.

Why is the media all over Joe Biden whether he is going to pack the courts. It is pure B S and should be denounced from dems immediately and reminder of repugs packinng of lower court, circuit courts et al.

So sick of these games by lamestreet media. Sorry off point of this article but more fish to fry.

3 Likes

Start calling him something like David Pervoodoo or David Perdoodoo. I know it’s childish but I’m sure he would not be pleased. That is the point.

4 Likes

“Kamala” means “lotus” or “pale red” in Sanskrit. In Sanskrit this is a transcription of both the feminine form कमला and the masculine form कमल, though in modern languages it is only a feminine form. This is the name of one of the Krittikas, or Pleiades, in the Hindu epic the Mahabharata."

So, to clear, it is the mocking of a Hindu name and so it is anti-Indian racism, not anti-black racism. Which is pretty rich, considering all the right-wing Indians in the Trump administration and the US right-wing community in general.

But at any rate, to mock a person’s given name (or family name for that matter) is pretty vile and utterly puerile, in almost any case.

4 Likes

Yunzer, excellent cogent, post. Shanti,

1 Like

Not could but probably will; especially, if Biden gets a second term. Like Yunzer posted, Kamala in Sanskrit, means lotus and lets hope Kamala lives up to her name as a lotus flower if Kamala becomes POTUS.

1 Like

Wonderful! You called them “repugs” instead of Republicans! Thank you for showing the superiority of progressives by engaging in exactly the same behaviors as the bad guys, because when we do it’s meet indeed and just.

Now let’s hear all about tRump and his childish name calling…

It’s a good thing that Ms. Harris isn’t named “Tamara.” The triggering would never end.

By the way, if Kamela is pronounced “comma-la,” is the USA pronunciation of Pamela “pomma-la?” And why do you say “paw-sta” and “naw-chos” instead of pasta and nachos?

And don’t get me started on Z.

2 Likes

That would make her the Lotus POTUS.

2 Likes

What would the Georgia folks do with an eastern European surname having about 27 letters and even they skip a few when pronouncing. Visit a steel mill town in Pennsylvania or Ohio to learn the real alphabet.

The U.S. Army sewn on name tag is not long enough to honor their family designation !!

1 Like

Isn’t the way you spelled tRump part of this or was that sarcastic? I don’t really personally care about the name calling to paraphrase the Bard - A turd by any other name smells as foul.

I like that it is name of one of the seven (naked eye) stars of the Pleades. This tiny but striking star cluster seems to figure big in every culture in the world. It certainly is the thing that I found most striking in my earliest memories of looking at the sky as a child.

2 Likes