Home | About | Donate

'We're Ready': Trump Threatens to Deploy 75,000 Federal Agents Into US Cities

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/24/were-ready-trump-threatens-deploy-75000-federal-agents-us-cities

1 Like

The DC bully exagerates, as in is his daily lies.
75,000 times $200 per diem times even 15 days duration = 225 million dollars extra.
Add wages, benefits, pension promises.
And for what gain of Whack the cities?
Trump is establishing a predominant position over mayors, county officials and even governors.
He is seriously damaging our local leadership, which is really needed now with fast moving coanovid19 illnesses. (plural)

3 Likes

This “Campaign of Terror” from the worst terrorist group on Earth must be erased from existence.

GOP

5 Likes

Uh if he deploys all these feds, who’s going to keep the immigrants he hates out (not to say the latter should happen). More Trump fuzzy thinking, two and two equals 22- yes.

If he thinks he is catering to his base he will be surprised when he finds out his base is only the idiot and/or fascist 30 percent~ ( that’s the approximate approval rating W. hit after his Iraq scam was revealed).

Let me add to that; it was estimated that only one third of Germans during the Third Reich were serious Nazis. The rest just went along or were terrified not to or were killed.

5 Likes

European media reports approx. 40.000 Academi mercenaries are being readied for November. The US government is at war with it’s people, not the other way around. The WALL OF MOMS along with Dads with leaf blowers to minimize the effects of tear gas, and even grandparents joining now will hopefully succeed. We MUST succeed…if we want to avoid perishing in fascism.

11 Likes

Your label is the correct one, the GOP should be listed as a terrorist organization. Chomsky nailed it when he called the GOP: “THE GOP IS THE MOST DANGEROUS ORGANIZATION IN THE WORLD”. Forget ISIS; forget the Taliban; forget al- Qaeda because the most dangerous terrorists are the Republican’s that reside in Washington D.C. And if they are not erased from existense, THEY WILL ERASE US PROGRESSIVES FROM EXISTENCE!

7 Likes

Just looked it up Academi is the newest name for Blackwater; Betsy DeVos’ brother. That guy is really into rebranding. His reputation precedes him.

Oh gosh, check out their website and 3600 acre training site in NC. It is very detailed and begs the question: "What is a private training site near equivalent to the Army’s doing in the US?

There is a trend toward the privatization of police forces.

12 Likes

That’s right. THUGS is all these mercenaries are…

7 Likes

There were agreements preventing “unessential” travel between the US and Mexico in late March – which just expired.

Likely immigration has slowed due to the COVID-19 pandemic – and with the US having the worst public health record anywhere on that. So, 45 probably wants to keep the agents busy elsewhere, Constitution and public opinion be damned.

1 Like

A long time ago I spoke with a lady that grew up in Nazi Germany and I asked her if her parents belonged to the Nazi, Party and she said no but one day as a little girl, she was riding her bike and she rode by some SS and they gave her the Nazi salute which she did not return, and when she got home she said the SS were there reprimanding her parents. And she said her parents were just terrified! Is this what Amerika’s future will look like?

7 Likes

‘never interrupt an enemy when he’s in the middle of making a fatal mistake’
-Sun Tzu, paraphrased

6 Likes

i figured he would start a war to try to save his campaign…but didn’t figure on his attacking american citizens. in retrospect, should have seen that coming.

7 Likes

Trump New American Order, this is the relative calm before the storm.
My hopes lay in the unity we form from overcoming this impending tyranny focuses our strength that we may heal all threats to existence.

4 Likes

John Feffer is insightful:
“This is no longer a conflict between red [Republican states] and blue [Democratic states]. Trump is transforming America’s political divide into an existential battle between grey [Confederate] and blue [Union], where the Feds are supporting a Confederate-friendly president and the rebellious states long for the return of a more perfect Union.”

4 Likes

This would be the move of a pigheaded, payback sick f–k.
If it would serve trump in some way he would switch horses in the blink of an eye. He would disperse skin head, gun toting right-wing-nuts just as quick.

2 Likes

I get goose bumps just reading your post. That’s EXACTLY what the Nazi regime reality looked like and that’s what is ahead of us in Amerika if we let the fascists win.

5 Likes

~https://www.democracynow.org/2020/7/23/larry_krasner_philadelphia_protests_federal_agents

A must watch

2 Likes

It’s not clear that he’s not already doing that.

1 Like

Just took my weekly dose of Andrew Cuomo. Apparently the Dept of Homeland Security has been caught in a blatant misdeed as concerns New York State and the Trusted Traveler Program - all explained in detail in today’s Press Conference.

It looks like breach of oath of office by Homeland Security heads and civil lawsuits.

~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dc106GjaWM

3 Likes

Nobody from the administration cares. They know that pardons are there for anybody who needs one, as long as you kiss the emperors ass along the way.

4 Likes