Home | About | Donate

We're Staying, US Tells Iraq After Being Asked to Leave

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/01/10/were-staying-us-tells-iraq-after-being-asked-leave

“There does, however, need to be a conversation between the U.S. and Iraqi governments not just regarding security, but about our financial, economic, and diplomatic partnership,” Ortagus added.

Wouldn’t a partnership require both sides to WANT a partnership, not just the invading country?

16 Likes

It’s now up to us, the American people, to “demand” that Iraqs request for the American Military to peacefully exit the country, be honored.

We the people must make the Iraqi request our demand.

18 Likes

Agreeing to leave Iraq conflicts with manifest destiny, Murka’s guiding light for most of the past two centuries.

4 Likes

With the most “litigious” president in history residing in the White House, I believe Iraq must take their case to the World Court and have their case won there.

I suppose the 2/3rds of Americans who believe Trump must be convicted and removed from the Presidency, could file a collective “Class-Action” lawsuit to have him and his first lady removed for failing to execute the position of president to our satisfaction.

Couldn’t we?

1 Like

Could we fault the Iraqis for choosing not to guard the U$ EmbASSy? I think not. American arrogance knows no bounds.

14 Likes

“A Force for Good in the Mideast”

Sad part is these sociopaths probably believe this.

I’m pretty sure the recipients of the US’ “Shock and Awe” campaign would disagree.

10 Likes

Iraq citizens may demonstrate in front of the green zone although Americans will be told they are Iranian terrorists. The only thing Americans will do (other than a small cadre of “real” patriots who are demonstrating in the streets) is watch the nightly “lies” show, I mean news.

5 Likes

So, going forward, the US military is no longer an invited foreign power to help Iraq fight ISIS, but is an illegal foreign occupation force.

23 Likes

The only conversation that needs to be held before the US leaves is about reparations that should be paid to Iraq for the destruction of its land and people.

19 Likes

With all due respect; who has the balls and means to rid Iraq of the scourge of US forces infecting their country? It’d be like telling Don Corleone to go back to Italy. Iraq: “get out and go home.” USA: “make us.”

3 Likes

Good for whom is the real question.

3 Likes

Is this refusal not tantamount to a declaration of war by the State Department?

9 Likes

Rome goes where it wants. Rome rules the world…until someday it doesn’t.

12 Likes

It always was.

3 Likes

We are a Farce for Good whether Iraqis are intelligent enough to realize it or not. Colonialism 2020.

4 Likes

Definitely seems that way

2 Likes

Will Iraq publicly and swiftly denounce the illegal US occupation of their country?

8 Likes

Iran or somebody needs to assassinate “evildoer” Mike Pompeo. This cornpone Kansan actually believes he is hastening the day of Armageddon, so his beloved fictional character of Jesus will come back to take him and all his fellow true-believers to paradise, and leave the rest of us miserable heathens here to clean up their mess.

2 Likes

With TrumPutin apparently an ally of ISIS since ISIS is celebrating the killing of Soleimani. Which I guess would have made TrumPutin a former ally of Soleimani in the war against ISIS. Is Oceania at war against Eurasia or Eastasia this week? I’ve lost track somewhere along the twisted line . . .

1 Like