Home | About | Donate

We're Staying, US Tells Iraq After Being Asked to Leave

Just like in Syria.

Nonetheless, some of our troops will come home.
In body bags.

In a word: INVADERS!

5 Likes

USAans don’t want US troops in Iraq. Iraqis don’t want US troops in Iraq. Still, US troops will remain in Iraq!! WTF??

WTF indeed. US troops will remain in Iraq, against the wishes of Iraqi people and US people alike. Global Fascism, anyone??

10 Likes

Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.

Is that your beautiful house. Is that your beautiful wife??

3 Likes

Here’s a song I share with Iraqis and other victims of the Empire’s occupation and war crimes. They get the message…

3 Likes

Only Congress can declare war.

2 Likes

Exactly.

2 Likes

Amerika is now, especially in its military’s foreign policy…the Fourth Reich. Too bad someone does not call for regime change before it is too late!

2 Likes

Isn’t that what we are doing? Not that is helps much without the pitchforks and angry peasants to back it up.

3 Likes

Congress abrogated their Constitutional mandate to declare war a long time ago in 1950, when they allowed the war in Korea to be fought without their declaration. Ever since, from my perspective, Congress has committed treason and have the blood of not only our brave American soldiers but the blood of untold numbers of innocent civilians on their hands.

7 Likes

It makes me sick to my stomach to recall us invading a country that was not harming us. The slaughter of Iraq’s military personnel who were just earning a paycheck and had families waiting at home.
“Daddy, what did you do in the war?”
Sorry son, daddy can’t answer you, ever.

4 Likes

i’ve posted this link like five times now, but please read Michael Hudson’s analysis of the fallout from the Soleimani assassination.

Hudson points out that US ally Saudi Arabia has been a prime sponsor of “the terrorists” including ISIS; that ISIS has plainly been doing work the USA supports for US objectives in the region; and that Soleimani was instrumental in defeating ISIS, undermining US regional strategy.

3 Likes

Absolutely, There is no legal need for the War Powers Act; we have Article One of the US Constitution.

4 Likes

Dear Ray,
As you know, I have been carrying the manifest destiny flag for too many years. The middle east is not in our long term destiny. But, Ontario, Cuba, Greenland are.

The coalition partners are no longer alongside. The Iraq politicians who fail are still on the learning curve compared to ours who fail us when they claim education, experience, ethics.

We stepped up to help oust Russia from Afghanistan. Why don’t Russia, China, and the U.N. and other world organizations put their collective foot on our throats? And tell us it’s time to go.

3 Likes

And now wants to be payed for their “services”. Outstanding hubris by any measure.

5 Likes

The Clash has a song [refrain] that seems to me to be apropos:

From the song “Should I Stay or Should I go”

Should I stay or should I go now?
Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go, there will be trouble
And if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know

And there will be trouble for sure. Good luck all.

Well, the Iraqi parliament has let them know: GO!

Well said. Thanks for your intelligent reply.

1 Like

This is not going to end well for the U.S. - The entire region wants our a$$ gone.

1 Like