Home | About | Donate

West’s Failure to Act Will Be Cause of the Next Gaza Massacre

West’s Failure to Act Will Be Cause of the Next Gaza Massacre

Jonathan Cook

The contrasting images coming out of Israel and the occupied Palestinian territories on Monday could not have been starker – or more disturbing.

Faced with protests at the perimeter fence in Gaza, Israeli snipers killed dozens of unarmed Palestinians and wounded more than 2,000 others, including children, women, journalists and paramedics, in a hail of live fire. Amnesty, the international human rights organisation, rightly called it a “horror show”.

Israel, longest lasting clusterfuck (among the many) of the twentieth century.

“Human Rights” is all a myth to these monsters.

Their failure to see those they slaughter as brothers and sisters, has insured their loss of their humanity.

Well said PonyBoy…

Something needs to be done about the blockade of Gaza by Israel and Egypt but as long as Trump is president it is hard to imagine anything positive happening. It is up to Americans to reject Trump at the ballot box this November.

I’ve been binging George Carlin recently so I thought I might as well share this.

The problem is not that the West has failed to act. The problem is that the “West” is a capitalist, imperialist, patriarchal, white supremacist entity that is successfully imposing its hegemony on the biosphere. The crimes against humanity that are being perpetrated by Apartheid-Zionist Israel throughout the Mideast are part-and-parcel of the “normal” functioning of Western imperialism.

Massacres of Palestinians, who are viewed as “vermin” by Israel and the IDF only to be exterminated to make room for Jews only, their contempt for International Humanitarian Law and UN resolutions, extremist racism and Jewish supremacy, have been the operative MO of the Israeli entity since 1948 and before, getting more and more extreme as the decades went by…and as America became more and more subservient to Isaeli expansionist “settlements”. .

There will always be a “next” massacre in the ongoing genocide in Palestine. There will always be a next war of diversion to distract from their extremist racism and terrorism. The new zionazis are a supremacist cult holding nothing but contempt for the lives of all others, or as useful lackeys such as the US is viewed and used!…sadly the voices of Jews of good conscience are muted and drowned-out by propaganda and the influence of the Israeli right wing…

BDS!

"Under international humanitarian law, it is illegal for soldiers to use live ammunition in situations that do not constitute an imminent threat to life."

The war criminal Israeli IDF scum use Palestinians for target practice as they have done murdering and abusing Palestinian men, women and children for decades…with impunity! with ZERO response from the world community especially Israel’s craven lap-dog US! It’s appropriate that these racist extremist killers are America’s “great ally”!

Obama did not do anything about it. It’s just plain hard to imagine anything happening with any of the staus quo bumpkins.

It’s difficult to understand how only one dozen (12) politicians in Congress denounced the Murder of Palestinian Protesters this week, and 523 said nothing.

How do you specifically define Jews of good conscience? Do they need to denounce Israel? I too think its horrific how Israel treats Palestinians. However the other side is for milleniums Jews prayed “Next year in Jerusalem” A Jewish homeland is integral to Jewish culture. Now that fact doesn’t justify. It means Israel is a deeply emotional issue that is close to the heart and soul to most Jews. BTW There were protests in Israel by Jewish Israelis on the killings by Israel soldiers in Gaza. This is a rather emotional issue for many Jews the existence of Israel. Just go to virtually any synagogue and you’ll know what I mean I am not justifying any act of the Israel govt. I am trying to illustrate the importance of Israel to the vast majority of Jews. What do you think of “Jewish Voice for Peace:” and ifnotnow.org? There are groups in the ME who are trying to resulve the issues with both Israel and Palestinians.

Jews “of good conscience” should denounce ethnic cleansing to build/enable their mythology. Denounce treating Palestinians as lesser beings…as vermin to be exterminated…ethnically cleansed to make room for Jews only…the lesson of nazi Germany ignored. Denounce the Israeli right-wings refusal to work for a lasting peace - the leaders like netanyahu proud of their racist “superiority”!. Denounce the brutality of the IDF in decades of brutal interactions enforcing The Occupation and oppression of Palestinians with murder and executions of men, women, and children. . Denounce the culture of lies and deceit regarding Israeli history, formation of Israel, the wars intentionally provoked and /or started to grab more territory to be for Jews only. Know the USS Liberty? http://www.gtr5.com/evidence/moorer.htm

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/06/02/infamy-at-sea-israels-attack-on-the-uss-liberty-50-years-later/

A people are known by their actions…by the actions of their leaders, by their military, by the morality they embrace…or ignore. Some Jews/Israelis do speak-out against atrocities, but not the majority, not even close…the tribalism and racism inherent in the “homeland” seems silenced by the desire for a racist/supremacist belief. All the “emotion” and mythology of “homeland” at the expense of another people will not make a people worthy of respect…by others or themselves. The abuse and crimes against another people is a lesson NOT learned it is apparent…not something to be proud of or support…there is little to no real efforts to “resolve the issues”…theft of the territory….the homeland of another people, to secure a mythology of your own people is delusional, pathological, and contemptible!

Look at the links attached and then ask me the same questions…and tell me about the importance of “homeland”! Sorry to be so direct Lynne, but history and recent events are hard to ignore.

“An Israeli army officer who fired the entire magazine of his automatic rifle into a 13-year-old Palestinian girl and then said he would have done the same even if she had been three years old was acquitted on all charges by a military court yesterday.” - Iman al-Hams was shot 17 times on her way to school

Practice like a doctor.

Earth is sick and losing life support abilities and strengths.

All representative democracies are pushing their economies to grow faster. They are tools of capitalists who must grow faster and faster to infinity on our blue dot in space planet.

Representative democracies are driving their countries into the abyss of desolation row as fast as they can figure out how to stimulate the economy to faster growth.

It’s good to vote for good candidates if you have them to vote for. If not, consider a six branch government. Double good.

I can see your point of view of not permitting nationalistic myths overpower the desires of other peoples, nations. Now that you mentioned it. Your reply is a true education for me to guide me in seeing the other;'s viewpoints. I am grateful you replied to me.