Home | About | Donate

West Virginia Teachers Win Pay Raise After Four-Day Walkout, But Say Fight Far From Over

West Virginia Teachers Win Pay Raise After Four-Day Walkout, But Say Fight Far From Over

Julia Conley, staff writer

Many of the thousands of West Virginia teachers who participated in a historic strike that kept every public school in the state closed for four days over the past week say that their fight for fair compensation is not over yet—despite a deal that was reached Tuesday evening that Governor Jim Justice says will give educators a five percent raise this year.

Congratulations to the teachers for going around their cowardly union leaders and the wimpy corporate democrats in the state house, to kick the governor in the teeth. This is a good first step but many more are required. The teachers have shown all of us all how to fight and win. Pay attention establishment, the wave is coming.

Some useful pawn for big pharma called me a “dangerous Idiot” for arguing against getting the (scam) flu shot. But I know how to take care of myself using traditional therapies, and rarely utilize Western medicine to maintain good health. Love being a dangerous idiot if it means not being some useful straight world pawn.

I hope the teachers get all they deserve. They deserve so much more. Sorry, but I can’t help wondering how much you’re promoting the cause if your sign reads “Honk if you love teacher’s.” Seriously? An apostrophe?