Home | About | Donate

'We've Made Such Progress, It's Incredible,' Trump Lies as US Hits Record 500,000 Covid Cases in One Week

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/28/weve-made-such-progress-its-incredible-trump-lies-us-hits-record-500000-covid-cases

2 Likes

Progress is defined as killing off the elderly, the sick, the disadvantaged and the fools, to get the Social Security costs down, without having to go through a political gauntlet.

A strong economy and strong people will be a resource to be used in the planing of the next “war of choice.”

5 Likes

Reading this article is enough, as the expression goes, to make the angels weep. One has to wonder who is worse, Trump, with his non-stop falsehoods which are, shockingly, anti-science, or his rabid followers who cling to and believe his every word without question. There was another demagogue in this country long ago named Huey Long. But the big difference is that Long would urge that hospitals be built in Louisiana while Trump goes out of his way to denigrate doctors and scientists while caring little about the patients who fill up the hospitals today with COVID-19. It is as if the allegedly greatest country in the world has receded back into the Dark Ages, but not with shame, foreboding, and trepidation but rather with pride, vanity, and arrogance. All this begs the question of whether the American people have the will power to reject Trump’s attempt to remain in power and if he will succeed in stifling the press whom he labels the “enemy of the people.”

6 Likes

Even after four years of consistent lying I still find it hard to believe that the president of the US is a pathological liar. He has no sense of truth, morality, decency, compassion and much more. As his first Chief of Staff, Ret. Marine General John Kelly said a couple of weeks ago," Donald Trump is the most flawed human being he has ever seen. The depth of his dishonesty is unbelievable and all of his relationships are transactional instead of personal." I take that to mean that he only forms relationships if there is something in it for him. This is part of the reason he has been found to be, by mental healthcare professionals, a malignant narcissist.

Trump is dangerously mentally ill. I just can’t understand how anyone could be so dense, to oblivious to facts and reality that they can’t see this monstrous failure of a human being for what he is.

We are, today, at pretty much the same point Nazi Germany was in in 1938. Back then they picked Hitler. And Germany was destroyed. If Trump gets in again he will finishing destroying this country. And the level of destruction this time may make World War II look like a soccer match by comparison.

The really horror of this is that almost half the people in this country and so fucking stupid that they can’t see what this monster really is.

14 Likes

Trump is letting thousands of people die without lifting a finger. Well, maybe his middle finger. He is a sociopath indeed. Where did this complete piece of shit come from? Why is he not in prison or a mental hospital?

10 Likes

People dying in his stead are only collateral damage to him, not human being with purpose.
Money is ALL important.

8 Likes

All too true and thank you for saying so. (sadly)

3 Likes

Most successful people have large egos, but they are usually intact.
Trump’s humongous ego drips all over the floor as he glides along, leaving a mess for his servants to clean up.

3 Likes

In the near future I hope to see a Washington Post headline that reads:

VOTERS TO TRUMP - “YOU’RE FIRED!”

6 Likes

Ever since Saint Ron ascended the throne four decades ago “progress” and “success” have been defined as enriching the 1% at the expense of the 99%.

Just as after the 1% crashed the economy in 2008 and then reaped unprecedented revenue from the crash, the pandemic has been a huge revenue enhancer for them. The stacked courts assure that the 1%'s gravy train will proceed at full throttle, at the expense of the 99%.

8 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

“If the liberals Win they will bankrupt the nation “. Isnt that happening now?“I believe in a days pay for a days work “ And if you can barely get by on a McDonald’s job ? “Get another job” and what will we do about climate change , why are we subsidizing oil and not alternative energy ? “We can’t just quit oil ,look at all the people who would be out of jobs “, and these jobs couldn’t be transitioned to alternative energy jobs? “Not smoothly “ and you get your info from ? “Fox “ my conversation with my brother,who is “not a Republican,but conservative “. Prepared to shoot whoever comes for his guns , “you don’t want to piss off the cowboys “ Do you read the articles I send you (usually with statistics) ? Oh I will haven’t had time “. Immigration, “keep em out “ health care for all ? Once again “bankrupting our nation “ needless to say there is no compromise for some ,Seems the only thing trickling down from the top is selfish greed and a total disregard for treating others as you would want to be treated glad I don’t have to host turkey day this year , and I’m happy to live in the hills ,
wishing all love peace and happiness

4 Likes

Same to you. And I have had similar conversations. It’s those “communists”.
Have stopped talking to people who know everything because they watch fox.

1 Like

As a scientist/engineer I can really attest to knowing about discrimination. It is real and it is cruel. I tried to keep this nation’s environment clean and the political cynicism threw shade my way as a snotty pointy-headed intellectual out of touch with reality. But I knew the planet was cooking by my training in thermodynamics, silly me. I take my lesson in shaming to never look down on anyone. Everyone can do something I can’t. When I forget that, I lose my humility.

1 Like

Jeez they had us hiding under our desks in school in the 50s and 60s, afraid of the Communists. We are an exceptionally gullible nation of people. Math and Science will carry the day no matter what Mr. Trump says, the inconvenient bodies tell a horrible tale of ignorance.

2 Likes

And it is their faith in the illusion that keeps them enslaved to the Donald.

2 Likes

Me too!

Amazing. Here at CD, article after article, there are the same old complainers blogging here of how bad Democrats are.

WTF. Really. Rethuglicons hold the power by lying, cheating, and stealing. From YOU. They have for decades. No Democratic politician even comes close. America is on the brink of fascism, BUT what do these same old bloggers complain about??!! Democrats. WTF. Really. It like being back in grade school with their silly, small-minded complaints.

2 Likes

At one point Fox and Friends had 40% of the population believing that Saddam was the one who attacked on 911. And, they did it with innuendo only.
(Protecting their friends in Saudi Arabia, no doubt.)

1 Like

I don;t think Huey Long deserves in any way to be spoken of in a disparaging way or labeled as a “demagogue” he was a hard-ball politician with courage of his convictions - much like we very much need today to counter the right-wing madness and abuses of trump & co, vulture capitalism and corporatism, the power of vast wealth to buy politicians and elections and legislation - trump and all his sycophant lackeys aren’t worth Huey Long’s departed spit!

The McConnell GOP are the true demagogues working to subvert and destroy our republic, representative government FOR the Common Good and the “little guy and gal”, against extremist supremacists and racists; Long was a politician that saw and worked for the little people and truth - a man of the people - and he was savaged and eventually assassinated for his beliefs and work.

"They say they don’t like my methods. Well, I don’t like them either. I really don’t like to have to do things the way I do. I’d much rather get up before the legislature and say, ‘Now this is a good law and it’s for the benefit of the people, and I’d like you to vote for it in the interest of the public welfare.’ Only I know that laws ain’t made that way. You’ve got to fight fire with fire." Huey Long

" We do not propose to say that there shall be no rich men. We do not ask to divide the wealth. We only propose that, when one man gets more than he and his children and children’s children can spend or use in their lifetimes, that then we shall say that such person has his share. That means that a few million dollars is the limit to what any one man can own." HL

" They’ve got a set of Republican waiters on one side and a set of Democratic waiters on the other side, but no matter which set of waiters brings you the dish, the legislative grub is all prepared in the same Wall Street kitchen." - HL

Those quotes are a representation of where he stood and who he fought-for. The labels attached to him are by those he fought against as he fought for the Little people.

~https://www.hueylong.com/perspectives/huey-long-quotes-in-his-own-words.php - More HL Quotes

~https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/03/huey-long-was-donald-trumps-left-wing-counterpart/583933/ - Article on HL from The Atlantic

1 Like