Home | About | Donate

'What a Despicable Sham': MSNBC's Chris Hayes Denounces Five House Democrats as 'Cowards' for Helping GOP to Block Yemen Vote

'What a Despicable Sham': MSNBC's Chris Hayes Denounces Five House Democrats as 'Cowards' for Helping GOP to Block Yemen Vote

Jon Queally, staff writer

While a vote in the U.S. Senate to push forward a War Powers Resolution on Wednesday resulted in applause from peace advocates and critics of the U.S. involvement in the Saudi-led assault on Yemen, five Democrats in the U.S. House stirred outrage as they helped Republicans in the chamber pass a rule—attached to massive Farm Bill legislation—that effectively killed the hopes of voting on its version of the resolution for the remainder of the congressional session.

Five Dems offering themselves up as prime targets to primary. Where is there morality?

Pay attention, the democrat weasels have been voting with the republicans since the Trump era started. Rotating aye votes in both the house and senate so as not accumulate a large pro-republican exposure but keep the warmonger and wall street slop flowing.

I’m not understanding Stein here - what is the connection between the Farm Bill and the Yemen issue? There should be no connection whatsoever but clearly there is one - why? Was this a Republican tactic while they still control the house? Of course I want these 5 jackasses gone along with a bunch of other losers in the house, but even more I want the idiotic procedures of government changed - no bundling of unrelated issues in bills or votes - ever.

So they can turn into Lobbyist,its win win for them. Just make sure you have the MIC’s back, and they’ll have yours.

…Let’s starve these fucks and see how they like it…
Reps. Jim Costa (Calif.), Al Lawson (Fla.), Collin Peterson (Minn.), Dutch Rupperberger (Md.), and David Scott (Ga.)
…Take away their privilege to food, shelter and medical, they don’t deserve any of it…they’re societal leeches. If I were king they’d be in jail…along with the entire GOP Congress…fuckin’ pricks…

Is anyone maintaining a shit-list of Democrats whose votes are so inexcusable that they can’t be forgiven and must be primaried until they are out? Putting these 5 on the list for this would be a no-brainer.

WE need a new plan. This Congress thingy is just not working out.

You can throw in the Trump Administrations & the Administrations of other POTUS.

Some more explanation at https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/12/12/why-people-hate-congress-buried-provision-must-pass-farm-bill-house-gop-uses-last. I wish common dreams would group stories together for comments. Yep, that is certainly a reason to hate Congress. Maybe someday we can get past this ridiculous idea that founding fathers knew best. Our system is really moronic sometimes.

The Empire party members run deep both in

the DNC and RNC branches.

Ocasio-Cortez and the other rookies are getting a good lesson, here, on what it means to be a Democrat under Pelosi’s leadership. Basically nothing.

I wonder how many f35s (made and tested in Vermont and if not the best, then certainly the most expensive fighter ever developed), are implicated in such killing. Forget about Verofakis and the green new deal–when push comes to shove, Bernie, like Dennis before him, will do what he must to survive.

I, and I believe hundreds or thousands of others have pointed out that the House and Senate, whenever something might upset the MICC’s profits, will combine to provide just enough “bipartisan” cooperation to shoot the issue down. I think the primary backroom argument is “Will this cut into the profits if it passes?” If the answer is yes, then some markers are tossed into a hat, and the first five or whatever number is required who draw the markers will vote “No.” (Or yes if required).
*If the legislation is harmless and will not disturb the cash flow, they are all free to vote their parties, or do what their constituents ask. However, if someone slips a controversial thing into the bill, both sides come to the rescue.
*50,000 starving, or cholera ridden children dying in the desert are not worth the loss of a single dollar to an arms merchant or Hedge Fund manager, or a greedy politician for that matter.
*Almost forgot the primary thing our propaganda ministry tells us. “Remember! Only vote for a Democrat or Republican. If you vote for a progressive candidate or party who is not a member of the above duopoly, you are just throwing away your vote.” Bleccchh!
;-})

…tell me which POTUS’s?..some are better than others…

Rep. Peterson sez:
“Our party gets off on tangents. It’s ridiculous.”

Ah. So inserting a Yemen War resolution prohibition into a farm bill is not a “tangent”, but voting against its removal is.

Thank you for clearing that up, sir.

Can’t win as a politician. If you vote as a block like the republicans have except for the McCain vote a one here and there you damned.
If you break from the crowd as these five democrats have, regardless of the item being voted on, you are tagged as unfaithful, undependable, or heaven forbid, independent.
What’s a disgusting congress critter supposed to do?

Not much chance the F35’s are killing children in Yemen. They are not reliable enough. Plus, they are too expensive for the Wahabi’s to maintain without an Israeli type per diem.

TRUST NO ONE! Time we stopped balling like babies and took matters into our own hands. Congress is a sick Corrupt joke as most of us believe in our elected idiots. They are Not untouchable! Unless we get off our lazy asses and start taking them out one by one, we should sit back, eat some Fast Food and shut up about all of it! The only thing we have left is Choice. What We Choose to do will determine our History. Braveness or Cowardice.

Yup. Curious to see what these Newbies will do, if anything, with the new found Corruption they’ve never been privvy to.