Home | About | Donate

What ACLU Says Was Trump Call to "Literally Murder Protesters," Facebook Says Doesn't Violate Standards

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/30/what-aclu-says-was-trump-call-literally-murder-protesters-facebook-says-doesnt

1 Like

It’s very simple. Everyone with a Facebook account today needs to write this post, “I call for the White House to be burnt to the ground today, and any one fleeing the fire to be shot.”
Let’s see how fast Zuckerberg pulls those posts.

15 Likes

We allow corporations to become too-big-to-fail, and thus almost entirely impossible to prosecute - for anything.

We could wake up one morning and say, that’s it - enough of the corporation (itself) holding us hostage.

8 Likes

I have personally been blocked by Facebook twice, once for ridiculing Tesla cars as “rich men’s toys” and once for posting an apparently inaccurate picture. If Facebook can track, deduce inaccuracies, and label the posts of a 65 year old suburban guy, they can do anything, including "tailor " your feed to suggest music styles you might like after looking at something on Google. So far, I’ve “gotten away” with adding some child molester comments to Zuckerberg memes, in reply to Zuckerberg saying it’s not Facebook’s place to check stuff. I’ll watch for the black helicopters.

6 Likes

Internal discussions in the last two paragraphs offer a tiny, tiny ray of reversal. And they’re especially right about November, if Trump’s base is lulled by FB’s permissiveness and Trump loses, there will be a royal firestorm–can anyone envision Trump conceding victory to an opponent?–ever??

Zuckerberg is badly mistaken if he believes this will all go away with the next sunny day. His logic is, as his employee asserted, contorted.

5 Likes

Maybe Mark is angling for a spot as Trump’s first “Minister of Thought” when November elections are cancelled.

On the other hand, he should be applauded for taking down Trump’s calls for the armed goons in the Michigan capitol building to be shot. Erm, I assume it was taken down very quickly, because no one got a chance to see it.

8 Likes

I never wanted to have a face book account, because I never, never trusted it!

11 Likes

We could say it but no one would hear it because that is one post FB, etc., would delete asap.

1 Like

There is simply not enough money in this world that would induce me ever to get a FB account. That other have, that some progressive use it for comments, is sickening and counter(punch)productive.

5 Likes

Not challenging lies murders truth.

9 Likes

Zuckerberg stole facebook and that’s his character, duplicitous, scheming and unfortunately he’s now one of the most powerful billionaires on the planet. But unlike robber barons such as Andrew Carnegie, Zuckerberg congenitally lacks a truly altruistic charitable gene, empathy, or a desire to make the world better for people who aren’t rich like he is. Hypocrisy, greed and power seem to be the hallmarks of today’s robber barons. THIS is why I am a single issue voter: RAISE TAXES ON THE RICH. I vote for the party most likely to raise their god damned taxes.

11 Likes

Then imo, we are not as free as we think we are, e.g., Zuckerberg is freer than the average American.

2 Likes

Zuckerberg is all about the money Facebook generates and the publicity. Its nothing to do with Free Speech, the Constitution, Bill of Rights, etc. Its time to realize he is no better than Trump, is a racist and bigot himself who has no belief in basic human rights, or the rule of law. He likes what Trump is saying and threatening, or else he would block DT from posting anything. He won’t and that says all that needs to be said.He is part of our problem. One of those morally bankrupt elites who couldn’t care less about us underlings and cannon fodder. Get used to it.

8 Likes

If you want to understand the soulless, dead-eyed frat boyĹ› intentions ALWAYS keep in mind that the USERS are the PRODUCT HE SELLS - everything runs according to algorithm set for ad sales.
FACEBOOK USER = PRODUCT.
Billions of people step up on the facebk auction block every day.

This is a read that is worth sharing:
~https://zephoria.com/top-15-valuable-facebook-statistics/

8 Likes

How many times must this be said?
Get the hell off of facebook!!!

11 Likes

Just like Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey. His company routinely denies service to users, but he makes a very profitable exception for DT. Dorsey could not care less, just like DT.

2 Likes

Zuckerberg is a fascist, techno-thug. He takes his orders from the Fuhrer Don. Collaborators are scum and have no future in a just society, other than as fertilizer.

5 Likes

But what will the brain-dead sheep do for entertainment?

2 Likes

“Get used to is”? F*** off! Our goal must be to destroy the likes of Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, and all corpo-fascist distractions from the work at hand, and put the collaborators in chains attached to Trump’s personal wall of death. Sympathizers and conciliators can all fry in the Sonoran sun.

3 Likes

Maybe wake-up and join the fight for their lives, just a thought.

2 Likes