Poor little coward has to even couch his remark about WE when it's obviously directed at me.
In my view, the female who is stalked and raped is NOT a contributor to a violent society. The rapist is. But by the idiom preferred by MALES, in particular, and others who unquestionably identify with the language framed by dominant powers within a dominator culture, there is no distinction between the two.
Thus the disenfranchised--for recreational drug use--Black male is blamed, along with ALL citizens by this forum's "Blame Voters" squad when his right to vote has been squelched.
EVERY DAY a group of posters purposely conflates what is done BY power with the alleged consent of the citizenry even though decisions--like the bailout to big banks, the current TPP and TIPP treaties, and even Obamacare--are decided behind closed doors; and even when some of the best minds of our time properly identify this nation's status not as that of a healthy Democracy (where the voice of citizens matter), but rather as an inverted totalitarian system.
I believe the individuals who insist on the singular FRAME of WE largely do so for all of the following reasons:
- If the article's topic is a specific offender like Monsanto, they will blame those who eat meat. NOT Monsanto.
- If the article is focused on Big Oil or Big Coal, they will blame those who drive cars.
- If the article features citizen ACTION to change the way the Energy Moguls dominate national energy policies, this group of posters will insist that Bill McKibben, Amy Klein, Kumi Naidoo (head of Green Peace), and others are "compromised" either because they get a portion of their funding from something like The Rockefeller Foundation or because they get on planes to attend seminars
4.If the article focuses on gun violence, they push the lone gunman with mental illness meme.
5. If the article focuses on what the military is doing in another land, they lockstep march with the WE meme that conflates citizens WITH soldiers
6. If the article speaks of rape, they answer with generic pabulum about human nature. And every word of it makes gender invisible although 95% of rapes are done by males ... sometimes to other males and children
The INSISTENCE upon a singular uniform frame upon which to establish culpability makes EVERYONE guilty and therefore no one--particularly those actually doing the deeds--accountable.
It protects the ravages of Big Business, hides military malfeasance, and protects trespassers.
Perhaps most insidious of all is that by this insistence on ONE uniform pattern of response (all of it falsely equated with consent for policies and purposes that originate with the few who DO have power and 9 times out of 10 happen to be white males), any alternatives are rendered invisible.
THAT is a closed system and a closed mindset. It is an authoritarian, if not fascistic one. So... since one of the few liberties still standing is to voice my dissent to this Matrix-like cloned framing, I will do so! And so long as I have time, I will continue to counter the Talking Points that paying entities posit in this forum daily. They always involve team back-up in order to draw in immediate consensus.
People need to ask themselves if these imposed opinions and policies speak truly for them. if not, let them also say, "Not in my name!" It is my fervent hope that others catch on.
WE do not all abide by, agree with, or consent to the disastrous things that POWER is doing... with the false backing of the illusion of the consent of the governed.
And idiots like you do not speak for me. Your military bona fides are clear from your screen name, and many who post here come from the same source.