Home | About | Donate

What Do Young People Stand to Lose with Brett Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court? Our Lives.

What Do Young People Stand to Lose with Brett Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court? Our Lives.

Cici Battle

Young people have been on the front lines of so many progressive movements in our country for decades. We’re seeing that trend continue in 2018, as a surge of young people fed up with the growing normalization of gun violence and xenophobia are boldly leading the charge for systemic policy change.

how dare we older generations sleep while the wolves are at the gates of freedom. our younger generations rising against us in a plea for their own futures. we are a greater country when we stand together not apart as doofus trump wants us to be. i for one am proud of our younger generations even though they put me to shame because i only use my vote not my activism against this gov’t.

We need younger men and women in our government.

The Ole Boy form of Unrepresentative Government that we currently have is stale and corrupted deserving of Forced Retirement.

YOUTH IS NOT ONLY A MATTER OF YEARS

I learned back in college, when I was, according to our materialist estimations, a young person, that the “add ______ and stir!” is not an effective remedy for systemic pathologies.

Adding women to the U.S. medical system was not going to transform the hatred of women, the body and Nature characteristic of that system.

Adding more black people to the U.S. political system was not going to transform the hatred of people of color, the body, and Nature endemic to that system.

And adding more young people and stirring won’t do it, either.

I was disappointed to learn this.

I was so much older then, I’m younger than that now!

Why won’t simply adding people with different superficial physical characteristics to old systems transform those systems?

Because when we two leggeds come together to create something, we endow what we create with a mysterious power. Our group creations have a Life of their own, a Life that can and does surpass—and subsume—the lives of individuals.

Institutions and systems are higher (in the sense of vaster and more encompassing) powers than are individuals. That’s why we make institutions and systems, right? To embody and express more power to do than we can ever deploy singly?

Thus, institutions and systems always have more power to shape individuals than individuals have to transform them from within.

That’s why, over and over, we’ve been electing “new” people, but getting the same old results.

It’s that pesky “elusive obvious” (Moshe Feldenkrais) again!

Yes, the young must lead, always! For the young come bearing the future inside them.

But “young” is not only a matter of chronological age. “Youth” is a state of being more than it is a property of our physical organism.

Youth is a state of being in which we are “always ready to give up all that we have and all that we are” to become something different (to paraphrase The Mother).

Embodying and expressing a profound trust in and wonderment at Life, a glad willingness to surrender to Its unfolding makes a physical body vigorous, supple, and graceful—not the other way around.

Form follows function—not the other way around.

So, sorry, I’d like to “heart” this article, but I don’t.

Because I’m growing younger and younger as I increasingly assimilate that good instruction from my college years.

Because I learn, again and again, always in new ways, that simply adding more people of few physical years voting will not change the fundamental dynamics of a political/economic system born of supremacy—mental supremacy, white supremacy, male supremacy.

Because I learn, again and again, always in new ways, that simply adding more people of few years to the voter rolls will not change the fundamental commitments of a system born of genocide, ecocide and slavery, a system born to rationalize and promulgate injustice and inequity.

What of the many youth-full people who recognize that voting for Coke or Pepsi or Sprite or Dr. Pepper will not miraculously produce clean Water for all our relations?

What of the many youth-full people who refuse to vote for high fructose corn syrup and artificial coloring, no matter what kind of labeling, packaging and PR these come with?

I guess that, for this author, those young folks don’t count.

I guess that, for this author, those young folks don’t matter.

I guess that, for this author, those young folks have no power.

So what else is new?

This, yet, you’re calling Change?

As long as a person enacts the mental supremacist lie, they will age and die along with mental supremacy, regardless of their chronological age.

As long as a person enacts the mental supremacist lie, they will age and die along with the systems that mental supremacy has built and maintained.

For ultimately, none of “our” systems are ours alone.

All of “our” systems are also expressive of the creative play of still higher powers—ex: Earth, Nature, the Sun, the solar system, the Milky Way galaxy.

A human can believe or disbelieve in these higher powers without appreciably affecting their impact on either our collective evolutionary process or our individual creative potency.

As these higher powers Change, so do our systems. Whether we prefer to Change or not.

Mental supremacy has outlived its usefulness to Earth and to humanity; mental supremacy has outlived its usefulness to Life. Therefore, all systems founded upon this basis are currently scheduled for extinction.

A human can believe or disbelieve this without appreciably affecting the dynamics of the Sixth Mass Extinction.

Chronologically immature voters or “representatives” will not change systems founded on mental supremacy; by identifying their Selves with them, they choose to decay along with them.

Spiritually immature voters or “representatives” of any chronological age will not change these systems; by identifying them Selves with them, they choose to degenerate along with them.

Those Truly young, meanwhile, are busy experimenting with embodying a wisdom beyond mental supremacy.

They are busy experimenting with systems that will inevitably supplant systems founded on mental supremacy.

They’re mostly too busy to check whether their names have been purged from the voter rolls in their district, or to care who is hacking the voting machines this time.

Just because someone “looks honest” doesn’t mean they are. Just because someone “looks young” doesn’t mean they are.

Youth, like everything here, depends on Who is looking, and with what instruments.

So this summer, I pray that lots of youthing people will stop voting for soda, cola, or pop.

This summer, I pray that lots of youthing people will vote for the Water.

Because Water is Life!

So you are gonna die if you don’t have the right to have an abortion???

Really???

And as for the Obamacare, that beast was ugly from the first moment it was birthed. This is typical Progressivism, shove something down our throats whether we like it or not, as long as you get what you want.

In my country, we call that “tyranny” and we went to war over it to get rid of it.

Honestly, if this gal has two brain cells to rub together, I’d like to see them.

very possible you could die without an abortion. leave it to a man to make a comment like that. i am not too glad that abortions exist but i sure as freaking hell will fight to the death for the freedom of choice.

Hi, Edward, you should read up on why Ireland p[assed the right to have an abortion. Your question: " so are you gonna doe if you don’t have the right to an abortion? "
Yes,
Savita and he husband came to Ireland. She was overexcited to have her first baby—but something went wrong. She pleaded with doctors—they said, but we hear a fetal heartbeat…sepsis began: the baby died , Savita died…so---- yes, people can die of they don’t have an abortion.

Wrong. She died from septic shock.

Of course, the Liberal and abortion-loving media would never tell you this.