Home | About | Donate

"What Does War Have to Do With Me?"

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/06/27/what-does-war-have-do-me

2 Likes

Bravo, Mr Turse, for a real war story, well told.

4 Likes

I find this interesting, right from Wikipedia illustrating how that site manipulated to be little more then a propaganda tool when it comes to the USA waging war.

Ninety minutes after it began, the attack was over. 2,008 sailors were killed, and 710 others wounded; 218 soldiers and airmen were killed and 364 wounded; 109 marines were killed and 69 wounded; and 68 civilians were killed and 35 wounded. In total, 2,403 Americans were killed and 1,143 were wounded. Eighteen ships were sunk or run aground, including five battleships All of the Americans killed or wounded during the attack were non-combatants, given the fact there was no state of war when the attack occurred

Note that last line where it claims all the Americans killed were non-combatants. Contrast that to the USA bombing Countries the world over today, with no state of war existing. Using the same rule the USA is always killing non combatants.

Meanwhile the USA tries to instigate another bloodbath in Venezuela.

4 Likes

Oceania does no wrong. And it has always been at war with ____________, ____________, ____________,…

3 Likes

War has a lot to do with everyone except fictional characters. The USA & may of its allies start unprovoked wars. Obama lied about Libya just as Bush lied about Iraq. The Arab Spring neither spread democracy to the Middle East nor prosperity there. The place turned into a never ending war zone & a haven for Al-Qaeda & ISIS. Trump is thinking of expanding the war to Iran. If he does that, he’ll be more foolish than Bush or Obama. They did not go to war there because they knew it would be harder than going into Afghanistan, Iraq or Libya. If Trump goes into Venezuela, he will create a need for Venezuelan refugees but will turn them down or restrict the number of refugees that can come here.

To parody the Marine hymn: from the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli we murder for the Amerikan Empire.