Home | About | Donate

What Farmworkers Can Teach Hollywood About Ending Sexual Harassment

What Farmworkers Can Teach Hollywood About Ending Sexual Harassment

Greg Kaufmann
How an approach promoted by the Coalition of Immokalee Workers could empower the #MeToo movement in the entertainment industry and beyond

As always in the USA, the surest way to achieve positive chain is to disrupt someone’s cash flow!

Correction: “chain” should read “change”. My bad!

Addendum to my comment: In my lifetime of observation and experience, it has been very obvious to me that Mexican, and other Latino/Latina workers have made many times more positive contributions to our society and economy, than negative impacts. They deserve to be respected, not reviled. As far as I am concerned, they have earned citizenship, if they want it.

You know if we would address inequality we would fine the solution to many of the issues we try to solve every other way.

I watched a documentary on the grape harvest in France. it was so much different. The owners and growers provided home cooked meals to their workers. They all ate together and worked together. And they all shared in the profit. Quality was a big issue. Part of the problem is the farming methods here, not taking away from the many accomplishments from workers. Cheers for them.