Home | About | Donate

What If, After 9/11, George W. Bush Had Thrown Parties?

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/12/21/what-if-after-911-george-w-bush-had-thrown-parties

4 Likes

Thank you, Tom, for this scathing and sobering column.

The US has always had a weird connection with Guantanamo Bay in Cuba.
Could we possibly make an arrangement with Cuba to make it the kingdom of trump?
Whatever it costs, please, take him and his spineless acolytes.

That’s all the trump wants, to be king. King of Gitmo. He’s got Rudy, Sidney and Flynn, and 126 Congresspeople, and one incoming senator, and won’t they all be fine living together with guards in fancy costumes like the Vatican.

The present inmates can be moved out, like Obama promised 1000x, over 14 years ago.

King T can live out his twilight years in The Twilight Zone, with loud Ted Nugent songs blaring overhead.

Your consideration of this remedy is appreciated.

4 Likes

“consider the response of President George W. Bush to that one day of horrific death caused by 19 mostly Saudi hijackers aboard four commercial jets. In response to those 9/11 attacks, he launched what quickly became known as the Global War on Terror, promptly invaded Afghanistan,”

19 of the 9/11 hijackers that murdered 3,000 Americans were from Saudi Arabia and Bush attacked Afghanistan? I do not know what happened on 9/11 but I do know this: WE HAVE NOT BEEN TOLD THE TRUTH BY OUR GOVERNMENT.

4 Likes

Dubya DID go out and party.
(And please, please, please, do not go out and investigate what really happened on 9/11.)
He got everything he and his buddies wanted. Lots and Lots of weapons purchases.
Dick Cheney padded his Halliburton stock (in a blind trust of course - wink wink)
And the the most patriotic action that the American Public was instructed to do?
Go out and shop

6 Likes

Indeed, go out and buy a home. And we all know how that turned out. Jared Kushner owns most of them now.

Ok, we’ve reached the shortest day of year, the winter solstice and a most significant solstice it is. Proving once again that if you are a winter buffalo, today is your day. While this article is a bit disturbing in its factual accuracy, it is a relief to actually read a truthful account of how our nation’s capital rolls. Bravo.

2 Likes

Bush 43 did have a party while Katrina trashed NoLa. A birthday party, I believe. Meanwhile, people were drowning and dying. Since they were poor blacks, they didn’t register on the GOP radar.
Also, Bush 43 allowed Saudi aircraft to leave the US when all others were grounded. Good Vanity Fair article on that in 2002, I believe. It’s called shredding the evidence and flushing the stash down the crapper.

1 Like

Only 15 of the 19 were Saudi, but that does not detract from your point (which I agree with). I just push back against such inaccuracies whenever I can, lest they be used against the Truth Movement, by TPTB, in the future. Don’t give up!

Thank you for the correction. Do you know where the other four hijackers were from?

Yes and what Dim son did at his party was the most egregious and the epitome of insults! When he used the mockery of persiflage about WMD’s.