An excellent article, by a recognized name, so it gets out there. Her American Nuremberg is well worth the read also.
* In 79 years, I've noticed and written many times about the fact that in our "modern" world, the Constitution and Bill of Rights are ignored, or referred to as a "quaint" document, obsolete in the modern era.
* When the Project for a New American Century published its doctrine and plan for "Full Spectrum Domination" of the world through military and economic means, it carefully spelled out the need for citizens to have to make extreme sacrifices, to support the necessary military buildup.
* Near the end of the document, it said that the American People would not go along with this, unless a "New Pearl Harbor" were to happen, which would drag the people into supporting the plan.
* On 27 February, 1933, when Hitler was trying to consolidate Nazi power, the Reichstag Building was burned to the ground. Probably set by the SS, it was blamed on a young Dutch Communist. Hitler used this act to declare that the country was under attack by communism and the Enabling Acts were put into law. It removed the Constitutional rights and benefits of the German People and substituted the right of the government to read all mail, tap all phones, monitor virtually everything, and to enter homes to search for anything anti-Nazi, or Jewish. People were dragged into the streets, beaten by the SA, and often "shot while trying to escape" .
* On 11 September, 2001, the US got its "New Pearl Harbor" Almost immediately thereafter, Bush signed into law the illegal, unconstitutional and misnamed "Patriot Act" which in essence cancelled out the Constitution and Bill of Rights, to "protect" us from "Muslims."
* Under this act, phones and other communications could be monitored by the government, anybody could be picked up and disappeared. Public speech was monitored, protests were brutally put down, surveillance laws were broadened, the NSA was proclaimed, with the right to look into anything and everything. People were put on "no-fly" lists. The FBI could investigate anyone, monitor them, and their investigations were to be kept secret under penalty of fines and imprisonment etc., etc.
* Since then those powers have been broadened by yet more agencies and acts. The spread of wars has gone on, pretty much according to the PNAC document, though not quite as rapidly as predicted, and We the People are being reduced from citizens, of the United States of America to subjects of the new Empire of the Fourth Reich, and ever expanding laws are reducing them to serfs of the Oilagarchy that really runs the Reich.
* I hope that We the People of the United States will awaken, read or reread their Constitution and decide they want their Republic back.
* We outnumber the movers and shakers of the Oilagarchy by about 350 million to forty-five or fifty individuals and families.
* If we all just decided to stay home and read a few good books instead of going to work, or going shopping, the nation could grind to a halt. Nothing frightens a trillionaire more than losing a little profit. A large loss might cause apoplexy!
* At 79, I probably won't live to see this happen, but I sure hope I live long enough to see it start!