Home | About | Donate

What Is Happening to Assange Will Happen to the Rest of Us

It makes me sad to agree with you. My “hope” meter has vacillated between 0 and 1 for at least a year. I always had confidence in “hope;” that it would save the day. But lately, everything seems to be dissolving exactly the way you said: “We broke our ability to evolve and survive with the Industrial Revolution.” That was when profit seeking became the golden calf.

We are still the captain of our own ships Rebel_Farmer. It’s all hands on deck for sure, but don’t go down with the ship…survive and thrive.

1 Like

TRUE! And if all else fails… the Deep State USES ASSASSINATION AS THEIR LAST RESORT!

4 Likes

James Kunstler has a book coming out in March: “Living in the Long Emergency”.

I read the first one, titled “The Long Emergency”, and it has emerged that Jim’s phrase ‘Long Emergency’ is now part of the American language.

He has always advocated for the exact type of community that you believe in. I’m sure most of us would like that too.

But just now the emerging trend is cities - where over half the population now lives - and cities are not conducive to community. The communities that do exist are yuppie comparison places where people discuss their latest expensive purchase or upgrade to their investment house.

If I sound bitter I am.

It’s all bullshit - the blind leading the lame.

Picture Auschwitz and people taking care of each other while they await extermination and you will get a more realistic view of the way I see things developing.

No - we need to go to war - of necessity this will be guerrilla style.

I think I’ve read everything that Kunsler has written. “The Long Emergency” was great, but I think the next book he wrote “World Made by Hand” speaks even louder to the situation we now find ourselves in. I’ll look for “Living in the Long Emergency” when it comes out.

We can build community/tribe anywhere on Earth - including in mega cities. Living in community like I do makes “bitterness” pretty hard to sustain because gratitude is more powerful.

1 Like

My better half, Laura, says ‘hi.’

She comments here as “Health4All.” A retired healthcare worker, working on writing a novel.

In answer to watching an anaconda shake Rump I’d personally rather watch a reanimated Tyrannosaurus Rex do the job.

Got any T-Rex DNA that I could borrow to send to the lab to get started on this?

Now there’s a novel idea.

1 Like

Back in my younger years Mike’s nickname for me was tyrANNosaurus sex … sending a t-rex in to deal with this blight sounds like a damn good idea – especially if she’s a female, either in her PMS phase or just starting menopause.

While I agree a criminal cartel running things in the US and perhaps Canada as you say.
For expertise on Russia, I suggest reading or listening to interviews by Professor Stephen Cohen. He is actually one of the most prominent Russian scholars in the US. Maddow will not have him on her show as she is a blathering Russiaphobe and is just flapping her gums. Sounds like she got a good writer for the book.

serf –

Don’t worry, they are prepared in the event that too many of us get upset about the direction this country is moving in. Have you looked at how our new schools are being built? It takes less than a week to convert them into prisons.

Where are you and can you explain that further –

NOT that I don’t understand that there are many places already which would
work for mass incarceration of “political enemies.”

A lot of this I didn’t know –

Assange earned the enmity of the Democratic Party establishment by publishing 70,000 hacked emails belonging to the Democratic National Committee and senior Democratic officials. The emails were copied from the accounts of John Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman. The Podesta emails exposed the donation of millions of dollars to the Clinton Foundation by Saudi Arabia and Qatar, two of the major funders of Islamic State. It exposed the $657,000 that Goldman Sachs paid to Hillary Clinton to give talks, a sum so large it can only be considered a bribe. It exposed Clinton’s repeated mendacity. She was caught in the emails, for example, telling the financial elites that she wanted “open trade and open borders” and believed Wall Street executives were best positioned to manage the economy, a statement that contradicted her campaign statements. It exposed the Clinton campaign’s efforts to influence the Republican primaries to ensure that Donald Trump was the Republican nominee. It exposed Clinton’s advance knowledge of questions in a primary debate. It exposed Clinton as the principal architect of the war in Libya, a war she believed would burnish her credentials as a presidential candidate.

Journalists can argue that this information, like the war logs, should have remained hidden, but they can’t then call themselves journalists.

but we must remember how far even the Obama administration went to make this happen
to Assange. They sent KERRY to UK presumably making demands to totally disrupt any
internet accommodation he still had – along the way his top lawyer seemed to have decided
to jump in front of a railway train – and that President Moreno replaced a former President
who had affirmed asylum for Assange at their Embassy in UK.

UK was obviously working in interests of US government to extradite Assange.

More than anything looks like they are torturing Assange because they understand that
the world supports Assange and a free press against the fascism of USA/CIA and its
influence on other nations – they cannot allow Assange to retain his intelligence which
has already defeated them more than once.

Also looks like MANAFORT was involved in influencing the new president of Ecuador –
(h)ttps://www.rt.com/usa/445530-manafort-assange-handover-moreno/
Jul 21, 2018 · The concealed actual purpose of the president ’s trip is to meet with British officials to finalize an agreement under which Ecuador will withdraw its asylum protection of Julian Assange , in

The flagrant defiance of law and international protocols in the persecution of Assangettps://www.truthdig.com/articles/the-coming-show-trial-of-julian-assange/) is legion. In April 2019, Ecuadorian President Lenín Moreno capriciously terminated Assange’s right of asylum at the London embassy, where he spent seven years, despite Assange’s status as a political refugee. Moreno authorized British police to enter the embassy—diplomatically sanctioned sovereign territory—to arrest a naturalized citizen of Ecuador. (Assange retains his Australian citizenship.) The British police seized Assange, who has never committed a crime, and the British government keeps him imprisoned, ostensibly for a bail violation.

Assange is being held in the notorious high-security HM Prison Belmarsh. He has spent much of his time in isolation, is often heavily sedated and has been denied medical treatment for a variety of physical ailments. His lawyers say they are routinely denied access to their client. Nils Melzerttps://www.truthdig.com/articles/the-media-is-complicit-in-julian-assanges-torture/), the United Nations’ special rapporteur on torture who examined Assange with two physicians, said Assange has undergone prolonged psychological torture. Melzer has criticized what he calls the “judicial persecution” of Assange by Britain, the United States, Ecuador and Sweden, which prolonged an investigation into a sexual assault case in an effort to extradite Assange to Sweden. Assange said the case was a pretext to extradite him to the United States. Once Assange was arrested by British police the sexual assault case was dropped.

1 Like

Hmm ?

Stanford University, Rhodes scholar, Ph.D. Oxford University - and your mode of discussion -

Ad Hominem ~

No thanks - no need to reply - I have read thousands of books, and I have been at three Universities myself.

Geologist, mountaineer, pilot, businessman, even a stockbroker for a time.

No - you are talking up the wrong person - try someone else.

I don’t see examples of them waiting till all else fails. Assassination comes earlier on. There is always another way.

1 Like

I agree that assissination comes early. If you were alive back then, look how early they took out Sen. Wellstone from Minnesota via the proverbial small aircraft crash.

Surprised they have let Bernie live for so long. Makes me wonder why…