Home | About | Donate

What Is the GOP Trying to Hide About Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh?

What Is the GOP Trying to Hide About Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh?

Will Bunch

The biggest news story that happened on July 24 of this year — the one that may be affecting your unborn grandchildren 30 years from now — wasn’t President’s Trump’s threat (since acted upon) to yank the security clearances of his most vocal critics, or the audiotapes seized from Trump’s ex-lawyer Michael Cohen, or a delay in Paul Manafo

Understandably, the President and Senate Republicans want to obscure a candidate’s record because his views, if fully known, might or would be discrediting, if not disqualifying. But what is fully transparent is Kavanaugh’s willingness to permit his confirmation on this basis and to wink at his complicity in this dubious process. It proves–it does not merely suggest–that, whatever his technical legal qualifications, his ethical principles, including basic fairness to all Senators involved in the process, are lacking. He thus admits to placing political partisanship over judicial temperament and legal judgment even before taking office.

3 Likes

I always wondered WHY Obama didn’t fight McConnell over this—he could have and he would have won-------but he didn’t fight for his guy who didn’t sound all that good anyway, but probably better than this Kavanaugh one.
But if Kananaugh gets in-------- and women lose the right to control their own bodies--------then the idea of America just died, if more than 1/2 the population lose their rights, what kind of a nation is that?
Oh yeah, I just read the Saudi Arabia is going to cut off an activist female’s head…I was also reading about Muhammad, and this guy liked women and women had more rights then.
Do people forget what is written in stone in the Court—“Equal protection under the law,”
So if that’s dead-------- then so is the history of America----
If Kanvaniaugh gets in-------and the first dead woman from forced childbirth dies------wow, some guy is coming for Kanvanaugh--------and no doubt blow his reproductive organs off---------because who wants this guy to reproduce his sad and sexist religious philosophy?

1 Like

If jury members are to put aside their personal views and judge cases on the merits of the case based on law…why aren’t Supreme Court judges held to the same standard? All their writings and judgements should be scrutinized for what is based on established law not their wishful thinking or personal beliefs. If they can’t do that, they should be disqualified. Abortion should not be a litmus test. It is settled law. It is a right to privacy period. The govt has no business putting its nose in decisions that affect a person’s bodily privacy. Do we deny a man a vasectomy when it potentially kills unborn babies? I digress. He’s not fit.

1 Like