Home | About | Donate

What’s at Stake if Brett Kavanaugh Joins the Court

What’s at Stake if Brett Kavanaugh Joins the Court

Olivia Alperstein

President Donald Trump has nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh to replace former Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. Why should you care? Because everything from reproductive rights to voting, education, and health care is now at stake.

Kavanaugh, a judicial ideologue committed to pulling the Court further to the right, may also reverse decades of key rulings that uphold the constitutional right to personal liberty and autonomy.

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

(Like I could add anything to illuminate the importance of this matter.)

August 26 Day of Actions across the US. Stay tuned.

The date seems a little far off to me, they are liable to vote before then. Have any knowledge as to why ?

People should organize and demonstrate as if they will not get any help from the Democrats - because they won’t. The Dismal Dollar Drenched Dems, are good for lip service, that’s about it. As it is the GOP has enough votes w/o the Democratic Party. They need to realize that Trump has a 45% approval rating, largely due to the DNC’s and MSM’s stupid Russiagate strategy which only Kool-Aid drinking liberals believe. Organize accordingly.

Excellent article. Thanks so much.

The Democrats could hold the line and that is something they are pretty good at but they are a minority and would have to convince others to vote not by party affiliation but in the interests of voters.

The Dems don’t stand up to Republicans. That’s why the Republicans became a majority during the Clinton & Obama Administrations. I hope they block Kavanaugh’s nomination the way the Republicans blocked Merrick Garland’s nomination. I hope Lisa Murkowski & Susan Collins vote no on his nomination.

Here is some information about from the Newswire:

Hope it isn’t too late