Home | About | Donate

What Swamp? Trump Sends Coal Lobbyist to EPA and Boeing Exec to DoD

What Swamp? Trump Sends Coal Lobbyist to EPA and Boeing Exec to DoD

Nika Knight, staff writer

A coal lobbyist and a Boeing executive are to be nominated to deputy positions at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of Defense (DoD), respectively, making President Donald Trump's campaign promises to "drain t

Things haven't changed. Trump just does it openly, putting the corporates in charge of our lives.

Look at Robert Strange MacNamara-Ford Motor Co. executive to Secy. of Wars. The "Whiz Kid?"

He is draining the swamp, from his perspective he is getting rid of all the water that keeps his gang of oligarchs from devouring all of their prey. When the regulations, environmental firewalls and public safety requirements are all drained away, the feast can begin.

Trump is draining the "swamp"; he just changed the definition to align with his GOP co-conspiritors, who have always defined that swamp to include the poor, the infirm, the aged, the immigrants and the non-whites.

"You can't drain the swamp and leave all of the people in it," White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney said at a Washington briefing.

I hate to keep bringing this up but here goes----- to me this may be the swamp of collapse-----an empire on the brink (or perhaps in the midst) of economic, social and environmental collapse that will extend throughout the world. Though I would change the word "swamp" for I love swamps(especially fens and bogs!)----none of this does a literal "swamp" justice!

How about "drain the cesspool"?:wink:

In any case, this could be your basic inevitable (albeit tragic) collapse. Though that doesn't mean we stop trying . . .

Is u.s. an empire? Has any empire withstood collapse? Even if empires could stave off collapse, humans are now facing a challenge that no human culture/society has ever had to face before and that is human induced biosphere collapse.

This was posted today by the obscure “Sam Carana”. (wish he/she/they would come out!)

While I acknowledge the site is controversial and many feel it is over the top, it is my perception that there are some points here that may become reality in short order . . .

and here is a post from 2007 (my bold) that examines dangers related to human induced warming including increased risks of dictatorial governments that will take actions that make things worse. Exhibit A: Trump et al.

Many things “Sam Carana” predicted would happen are happening right now all around the world:

1. Flooding
  2. Shortage of water
  3. Famine and disease
  4. Migration and refugees
  5. Collapse of the financial system
  6. Economic collapse
  7. War and civil unrest
  8. Pollution, in particular as a result of nuclear fall out
  9. Tipping points
    10.Panic

One can easily cite examples of flooding, shortage of water, migration/refugees, war/civil unrest and tipping points that have occurred since this article was written. I believe numbers 5, 6 and 10 will unfold very soon, perhaps in 2017.

My denial of how "dire" things are still exists for I wish there could be solid refutation of all, if not most, of the above.

Not too surprising. If it is, then noone has been watching whats been happening few the past weeks.

Drain the swamp and fill it with leach and bottom feeders, Let's not forget a few Neanderthals..

So, rump's plan was to drain the swamp by putting it up on the hill and giving them $150k/yr gov't jobs. What was the problem rump said this was supposed to solve?