Home | About | Donate

What the Deployment of Green Berets to the Saudi-Yemen Border Tells Us About America’s Dirty War

What the Deployment of Green Berets to the Saudi-Yemen Border Tells Us About America’s Dirty War

Shireen Al-Adeimi

The U.S. government has long sought to distance itself from the morally inexcusable war on Yemen—but this public relations effort is even more difficult after The New York Times reported on May 3 that, in December of last year, U.S. Special Forces (commonly known as the Green Berets) deployed to Saudi Arabia’s border with Yemen.

You can know all you need to know about America, by it’s relationship with Saudi Arabia. A match made in hell.

One might also flip that statement around.

Don’t forget Israel—it’s a three-way (talk about your strange bedfellows).

The photo of that child looking at the rubble…it’s hard to bear. The whole story in Yemen is hard to follow because it seems to be more absurdly senseless than many aggressions. Yemen…what did that country ever do to Saudia Arabia or the US? It is foolhardy to continue to sell millions of dollars of arms to countries who act against this country. There is a nexus in the Middle East. Why does our elite group of deciders think that profits on weapons sales to people who really don’t like our govt. is a good idea? I would stock pile that shit and get with my rowdy neighbors who also have millions in arms from sales and let loose. Nothing about guns and war makes sense except profit and culling the sheep.

Hi Shireen,

A major mistake in gaining understanding from the American people…Stop labeling overseas actions in this way. “Americas Dirty War”. It comes across as Anti-American . More accurate to state Imperialist America’s Dirty War or Corporate Americas Dirty war etc. …As most of our foreign policy is based on Corporate interests. Thanks

Joshua

I think the citizens were trying to overthrow their dictator who was compliant to US and Saudi interests.

Of course, as always. :+1:t3: