Home | About | Donate

'What the F–k, Chuck?': Thousands Demand Schumer Do More to Stop Trump

'What the F–k, Chuck?': Thousands Demand Schumer Do More to Stop Trump

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

Thousands of protesters gathered outside Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer's (D-N.Y.) home in New York on Tuesday night, demanding he take a stronger stand against President Donald Trump's cabinet nominees.

Would anyone be surprised to find out that Schumer or others were being heavily "pressured" ... even threatened about re-election, paid or blackmailed?

Mere speculation, but we know that's the way the game is often played at the high levels.

Many should be surprised that Dems who so cried out against Trump's dangers during the election, have so little to say or offer now.

I, for one, am not.

The Dem establishment was responsible - IMO - for trumps "win" being blind and dumb to loss after loss and diminution of support from the progressive base. Their response to demands to immediately reform leadership and mechanisms (super-delegates, etc) is near zero, with Schumer and Pelosi returned to "leadership" positions - business as usual - capitulation, collusion, timidity, craven currying favor (normalization) with the trump regime is NOT what is expected of an opposition party - what millions in the streets demand!
The people need more Bernie Sanders and far less Schumer/Pelosi weakness and inaction! Where are the Dem Party reforms? Where new robust progressive/left leadership? Where the organized unified resistance? Mostly nowhere is where!..............

I love this, 3,000 people showed up at Chuck's house to demand he obstruct all of the cabinet picks and the pick for Supreme Court.
If this keeps happening we will win. The flash mobs everywhere will start to wear on them, even the dems.
Chuck and Nancy better get the picture or they can get gone.
WTF Chuck!!!

The Democratic party may still be a party of a different flavor on some select issues, but it long ago stopped being an effective opposition party. It serves the same class of wealth and industry as the Republicans. Shumer is a prime example of the breed. Any strategy that relies on the Democrats is doomed to fail. Yes, we need to get Demcrats to stand up when we can, but dancing with the Democrats has given us Trump. The Democrats are part of the problem, not the solution.

Has Chuck ever given a F---k?

“Charles Schumer, democratic party leader in the U.S. Senate, was widely shown a few days ago in corporate media with crocodile tears for Moslem refugees and immigrants. But along with Barack Obama, Joseph Biden, and Hillary Clinton, he previously voted for Bush’s ‘secure fence act’ of 2006 and supported the Iraq war and the other wars which have devastated predominantly Moslem countries.”

and let’s revisit the truth about Chuck Schumer clearly articulated 10 years ago:

“Schumer is a Democrat, but his real allegiance is to who has the most money, always has been”

Protesting Dim inaction is exactly what we need to be doing - and in ever larger numbers! So far, they have managed to delude themselves that they are still the 'good guys' and that what, we will never notice their corruption and subservience to what is becoming a dictatorship? Maybe, though not certainly, they will finally wake up to the contempt in how they are viewed. It is a bit astonishing that with hideously low approval numbers, congress acts as though we 'don't want to change directions' (Pelosi).

Protesting at their homes and offices is the right thing to do.

Don't worry. The Dems will find a way to fold. Nancy Pelosi: “We’re capitalists, and that’s just the way it is” http://cnn.it/2kpjksc #PelosiTownHall

Chuck is interested in two things : 1) His over-inflated paycheck, and, 2) His Lazy Boy recliner at home.

Or it will go the other way. Nixon gained power because of "unreasonable" protestors. What sells in San Francisco and New York may not sell as well elsewhere. We will see.

If "this keeps happening," maybe people will finally wake up to the fact that the Democrats are nothing more than controlled opposition...

Lol pony Boy!

Seriously . . I didn't think I had any laughter left in me. It was the "lazy boy recliner" that did it!

Thanks----- laughter helps in the midst of this mind boggling, yet predictable collapse of empire that is creating so much suffering.

There are many innocent victims (human/nonhuman) who are dying and will continue to die at the hands/sick minds of the pathological, cruel, rapacious creatures who have managed to gain so much control. These creatures can literally end life on this planet----even their own. I don't care how deep their f---ing bunkers are. They are going to go down too though that is no consolation for those who love life on this beautiful blue planet.

"The Dims" are not deluding themselves-
They know exactly what they are doing!
People who vote for these liars, hoping for a different outcome 'this time,' are the delusional ones.
"WTF, people?"

"Political parties exist to secure responsible government and to execute the will of the people. From these great tasks both of the old parties have turned aside. Instead of instruments to promote general welfare they have become the tools of corrupt interests, which use them impartially to serve their selfish purposes. Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, and dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics, is the first task of the statesmanship of the day." ~Teddy Roosevelt

Folks, We have our work cut out for us. Not only do we have two extremely corrupted political parties that haven't served us, we have a deeper Cancer growing in our country that uses these parties like puppets to do their bidding. Exposing all of this has now fallen to us.

They should never of gotten there power post of Senate and House. The dem party is hopeless and leaderless for we the people but thank goodness we have many that are working for we the people. I thought I could include Warren and Sherrod Brown among them and Murray and Cantwell but no there votes show their true colors.

Petulant progressives, rather than do the hard work of politics, think they can change the world by yelling at it.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." ~John Kenneth Galbraith

Sound familiar BWilliamson?

So you also think progressives are selfish and petulant?

I see you are having trouble with comprehension of this quote. Perhaps, one of your friends may help you.

So sad and hugely frustrating and counter productive that in all of these comments and in the story itself it's impossible to find urls for any of the groups --their FB names or urls who organized this great tactic and presumable ones needed now to postpone Gorsuch, one of the only tactics that really works to give Dems spines, as opposed to protests even huge ones in a park or some other place where all the energy just "goes up into the ether" as Nader put it. Their homes and townhalls is where we need to be. So can any PLEASE tell me and my many friends what url to go to to find the next opp to pressure Shumer and also Gillibrand at their homes and offices?? Just e me: I am at David v Goliath (all one word) at g.