Home | About | Donate

What Trump Calls "Great," All 50 State Directors of Medicaid Say Is Terrible

What Trump Calls "Great," All 50 State Directors of Medicaid Say Is Terrible

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

"This is BANANAS," says Sen. Chris Murphy. "You couldn't get ALL 50 state Medicaid directors to agree any anything else in healthcare policy."

Lisa Merkowski, Susan Collins, and/or John McCain (and Rand Paul if he continues to oppose) may have to save the Repub Party from itself…again.

There seem to be endless arguments of why the Graham-Cassidy bill is a bad bill but the Republicans only care about one thing, repealing a bill attributed to Obama. That perhaps 30 million Americans will lose healthcare coverage with new attempt to repeal the ACA does not seem to phase the Republicans. If it was 100 million or even 200 million they probably would not care. As bad as the Graham-Cassidy bill is it could pass unless a few Republicans act like they were elected to be representatives of the people.

If Republicans actually manage to repeal the ACA, what will they do with all their spare time?

This headline really caught my eye for its comic value:

Clearly the GOP needs to be stopped from repealing the ACA for no other reason than they’ll devote that energy into slashing and burning everything else.

Wait a minute, you mean that the people that get to handle the money are angry that the money might get cut back?
I’m shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

Sounds like the insurance companies in MN, united in their condemnation of the possibility of some of their taxpayer money being cut back or eliminated. “We need those funds!” they scream. “We were guaranteed profits by Obama, you can’t imperil that!!” they cry.

There may be more of a chance that this bill will not pass. It was just on the news that John McCain will not vote for it.

A veritable “murder of crows” occupy the GOP side of the Senate (and House) who seek only to pleasure themselves at the expense of the states and the nation they took oaths to protect.