Home | About | Donate

What Unemployment Crisis? Trump Supporters Celebrate Macy's Layoffs

What Unemployment Crisis? Trump Supporters Celebrate Macy's Layoffs

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

President-elect Donald Trump's supporters on Thursday celebrated the news that retail chain Macy's would shutter 68 stores around the country, laying off roughly 10,000 employees, despite Trump campaigning on a promise to save American jobs.

Irony free glee? These people should be committed. Hope they lose their jobs.

► No, its bad for America

Try to keep up

We have so many problems that need to be solved and we get articles like this, about nonsense whose only purpose is to divide. The Democrats lost the election 2 months ago. These constant attacks are getting old and are making the Democrats lose, not gain support.

President-elect Donald Trump's supporters on Thursday celebrated the news that retail chain Macy's would shutter 68 stores around the country, laying off roughly 10,000 employees, despite Trump campaigning on a promise to save American jobs.

Come On!

The guy hasn't even taken office yet, and we're blaming him for a crappy economy? Kinda beyond the pale, isn't it really? I doubt Trump's retributive "boycott" had much to do with Macy's poor sales; the whole sector was down since Americans themselves are poor. Clinton and Robert Reicht off-shoring all our jobs with NAFTA and WTO has caused most of our ills. Nobody has a job worth a chit anymore now that they have to compete with slave labor from China.

All hail SuperCapitalism!
Globalization and War forever!
Long live the Red Tyrant Queen and Macy's shopping addiction for crap!
/snark off; as the planet burns

I'm never going to stay in a Trump hotel.
Too many mirrors and too much smoke in those places.

President-elect Donald Trump's supporters on Thursday celebrated the news that retail chain Macy's would shutter 68 stores around the country...

Is anyone here or reading this aware as to whom exactly these Trump "supporters" refer. It would be very useful to the readership to know who stoops so low as to take pleasure in some of "my fellow Americans" loosing their jobs. The scum rises to the surface of the "land of the free and the home of the brave's" putrid cistern. Perhaps the information would be of use to see to their loosing their jobs as well. How unbelievably rotten many "of the good ol' USofA" have become.

One word, idiocy!

Just who are these Trump supporters who are celebrating the loss of 10,000 jobs? Are they the same ones who were dancing in the streets after the planes hit the WTC? This article, with no credible sources or facts sounds like "fake news" coming from the Washington Post. This is beneath you Common Dreams.

► I never worked there, but if it's like most other department and grocery retailers, they manage humongous and poorly paid part time work forces from coast to coast.

Part time jobs used to be the exception. I'm not sure why that has changed. Perhaps regulations have been weakened or eliminated.

No, that's not wonderful, but it's certainly common.

Stronger regulations could get full time employment up, and a higher minimum wage law would help with the shïtty pay.