Home | About | Donate

What Will Tump Impeachment Trial Look Like in Mitch McConnell-Controlled Senate?

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/10/29/what-will-tump-impeachment-trial-look-mitch-mcconnell-controlled-senate

For at least a half century conscience has not been a factor in any action the best Congress money can buy has taken.

The legislative branch model continues to be HOW MUCH REPRESENTATION CAN YOU AFFORD ?, just as the judicial branch model continues to be HOW MUCH JUSTICE CAN YOU AFFORD ?

3 Likes

McConnell, Pence, Pompeo, Barr all need to be impeached. All have Russian mob money in their pockets. McConnell gave the Russian mobster a factory in Kentucky. Without the massive GOP propaganda system voters would know the Grand Old Patriarchy has nothing good for them. As for the Senate mostly male and mostly already bought by the billionaires who got their tax cuts they are compromised in terms of democracy, integrity and moral values…

2 Likes

Pushing Trump out of the oval office without also sending Pence back to Indiana will simply trade a realty TV POTUS for a far right Christian theocrat POTUS (ayatollah will be a more applicable title) with Moscow Mitch and his organized crime syndicate disguised as a political party continuing to stack courts with fascist judges.

1 Like

Neither DT nor MM belong in the USA.

1 Like

I don’t know. I don’t listen to Fox News. But I can imagine. The Republicans changed from the party of conservative values to the party of no values, except what’s valuable for their re-election.

2 Likes

It is incredible what corruption has done too the republican party----I don’t know how anyone can support this party except the upper 20%.

Do understand that this impeachment is different from all other impeachments —and it’s really pathetic what Clinton was impeached for vs. what Trump has done. But all these impeachments involved issues within our country. Trumps crimes deal with foreign policy—and this is the text book reason----thing called the CONSTITUTION----The CONSTITUTION IS CALLING FOR TRUMPS REMOVAL!

An article published in my local paper had a commentary from USA Today stating that Trump should get a third term----it’s really sad that local media treat this as a JOKE!

And I would like to recognize Nicolle Wallace on MSNBC for calling out Fox “News” for all the BS these clowns pedal.

What will impeachment trial look like in the Senate? It will look like a sham, and an evil circus. If they continue to support Trump. Which they show no sign of not doing. Greed knows no bounds.

1 Like

“No matter how he bobs and weaves, McConnell will be bound by the Senate’s internal rules on impeachment…”

I wouldn’t bet on it, anyone remember the Merrick Garland fiasco?

The following should be sent to all congresscritters, House and Senate, with a reminder that they all took an oath of office to uphold and protect the document it came from, the US Constitution.
Article two, Section 4:
“The President, Vice president, and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors”.

There is no wiggle room here, not maybe, not possibly, not if we decide to, SHALL BE REMOVED, period.

Sorry for yelling.

1 Like