Home | About | Donate

When 92% of Democrats and 67% of Swing Voters in Key Battleground States Support Green New Deal, Pelosi's Opposition Called 'Out of Touch'

Be realistic, this poll should not be taken seriously since few know what the “green new deal” really means, the words “green” and “new deal” are positive and the green new deal itself is just feel-good aspirations that ignore the hard choices about what to do about home heating, land use, transportation, nuclear power, population growth and more. People want to save the climate in general but for the most part they don’t want to pay more to drive or drive smaller vehicles, they don’t to slow down or lose parking to make room for bike lanes, they don’t want to want to eat less meat, they don’t want noisy wind turbines in their neighborhood, or hydro transmission lines cutting across their mountains or solar “farms” destroying their woodlands, or higher density housing nearby…

1 Like

they are knownothings-they are knoweverythings, that is why they don’t want change. They live like millionaires oops they are millionaires. But they weren’t millionaires when they got to Congress. Case in point- Congress critters make too much money to get an subsidy so they set up a corporation in DC so each Congress person and their permanent staff get 10,000.00 to help with their health insurance. What do we get? 10,000.00 Deductibles. Would you change if you were one of the chosen? To all Corporate Dems- Hop on this and spin awhile.

2 Likes

When I saw how the Democrats immediately went against even considering AOC’s green new deal, I realized they also, like the GOP were beholding to big buss. Sanders does appear to be the only viable candidate not beholding to the death machine.

6 Likes

Pelosi, you’re either with us or against us. It’s our Democracy, not yours.

3 Likes

The time has come to rescue the People’s Party from corporate interests. The two party system is shaky in the best of times but the one party system we are now enduring, quite obviously, does not work for the general population at all!
This time around we must not allow the corporate sector, of the party that corrupted Obama with platitudes and corporate promises to get him to play the role of a reasonable voice in a wilderness of political greed, to guide the party. All these wayward souls can do is to give away all hope of a viable future for us all.

3 Likes

Honestly, if not us then who?

2 Likes

Yeah, it worked so well the last time, let us do it again.
Are you INSANE?

4 Likes

Could NOT care less! Please analyse the meaning of what you wrote - if they COULD care less that means that they DO care, and I’m sure that’s not what you intended. I don’t know why so many of you chaps and chapesses in the USA have such a problem with this - and, yes, I KNOW there are more important things to get het up about, but this is so bloody IRRITATING!!! I’ll certainly go along with everything else you wrote, including BERNIE 2020!

1 Like

What are the chances that Florida will go Blue … in your opinion?
And what’s driving it?

Miami is already flooding –
Green New Deal immediately or “Runaway Global Warming in less than two years.”

3 Likes

Democrats can’t afford to blow this election, yet odds are they will. The DNC will snatch failure from the jaws of victory.

3 Likes

Pelosi is in touch alright in touch with her corporate donors. She also believes in the Republicans in congress as well. How many promises have they broken to her, and the other corporate democrats. It seems I have lost count. Her wisdom is a myth the corporate democrats have been using to take credit from progressives work in the 2016 election.

1 Like

The RNC is running those ads against Gary Peters.

Duplicate post.

@barry,

Speak for yourself, but not “people”–at least not this “people.”

I have ZERO objections to wind farms or solar power installations. I’ve walked right up to the base of an enormous windturbine in a windfarm containing hundreds of towers. And it was so quiet, the ambient wind noise from a the breezy night was so loud my digital camera would barely pick it up. (And since it was windy night, the turbine blades were going at a good clip, though they were so huge they seemed very slow. It was both exciting and calming at the same time–just the opposite feelings I get from reading your uninformed, Corporatist talk points post.)

BERNIE 2020!

2 Likes

@James_Gale,

Thank you for educating one of the “could care less” folks.

It is important because, as a great man once said:
"Writing is thinking and thinking is writing."

Meaning, such (sloppy–no offense to whoever said it) writing is distracting to the listener/reader, at best, and indicative of (possibly) a poor intellect and/or grasp of the topic, at worst. And that goes for any writing, by anyone. Not picking on anyone in particular, just saying I’m glad to see someone else as concerned about having high quality communication.

This “election” depends, as they all do, in large part on high-quality and content of messaging. If a person is saying something incorrectly, that shows they’re not actually even listening the themselves, which is what I find most “low information types” do. Not a good look for us Liberals to emulate.

People can think I’m a “Grammer Nazi” but don’t bother wasting time with that comment here. What IS important is that the smart, well-informed people in this country not succumb to the “intellectual rot” brought on, in part, by smart phone dependency.

So little effort goes into written/spoken accuracy (including actual punctuation!) that, despite being an English major with a doctorate, on web forums (many mechanical) I often cannot initially even comprehend what the writer is saying, as they type in “text speak.” I have to sound their shit out, phonetically, in my head, to grasp what their point is, at times. /rant over.

BERNIE 2020!

Pelosi is out of touch. Doesn’t see the value of impeachment. Doesn’t support the GND, M4ALL, and doesn’t hammer Moscow Mitch nearly enough for sitting on bills waiting at his desk.

1 Like

THANKS, AnyMouse. I needed a good laff.