Home | About | Donate

When Americans Get Their Tax Refunds, They Go to the Dentist

When Americans Get Their Tax Refunds, They Go to the Dentist

Pat Garofalo

Megan, who currently lives in Pittsburgh, was hospitalized in September for pneumonia. It was just a one-day stay, and she had health insurance, but even so, the bills piled up, eventually totaling $6,500.

The only thing that made paying them realistic, she said, was that she received a $4,200 tax refund this year.

1 Like

In America, having several dental procedures can easily cost tens of thousands of dollars. It is doubtful tax refunds can come close to covering the expense.

3 Likes

Reading articles like this should put EVERYONE up-in-arms and the horrific wealth gap in this country and spotlight those who suffer from it! But, of course, this kind of article has no presence in the corporate media. STILL flying those red, white, and blue RAGS proudly by your house declaring your IGNORANCE?!

1 Like

A refund this year, after the bogus “tax cuts”? No one I know is getting one! Where and who is this writer basing their premise on?

1 Like

" The average tax refund so far this year $2,995"

Let’s just think about that for moment. People have been handing out free loans to the government.If some one gets a $3000 refund it might be time to go change some of the selections on their W4. That way they can actually use their money instead of using a credit card (at 20% interest or whatever it is these days) and waiting for the “refund”.

I got ht with refund his year. Prolly due to the tax cut as i didn’t change any withholding. Prolly due the new tax cut.