Home | About | Donate

When Bolsonaro and Netanyahu Are ‘Brothers’: Why Brazil Should Shun the Israeli Model

When Bolsonaro and Netanyahu Are ‘Brothers’: Why Brazil Should Shun the Israeli Model

Ramzy Baroud

Newly-inaugurated Brazilian President, Jair Bolsonaro, is set to be the arch-enemy of the environment and of indigenous and disadvantaged communities in his country. He also promises to be a friend of like-minded, far-right leaders the world over.

It is, therefore, not surprising to see a special kind of friendship blossoming between Bolsonaro and Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu.

With plans to confiscate indigenous peoples’ territories and despoil the Amazon Basin, the lungs of the earth, Bolsonaro should rightly be considered an enemy of the people and Pacha Mama. The far right forces from Bibi and beyond exceed a mere menace to life on earth; they are a direct threat and will no doubt accelerate and exacerbate the sixth extinction in which we find ourselves. For the love of money is the root of all evil, as the saying goes.

You see my friends. This is not just an American problem. This is a world wide problem. These monsters want the whole world to stand down and do what they say. I for one will not bend a knee for these ignorant monsters. I will stand up and refuse to give in. I will put my very own life on the line to protect what I believe to be my nation and it’s many ,many children and elders. These Right wing lunatics are trying their very best to kill the earth and all it’s people. And they say it’s in the name of security. Laughable at best, evil is closer to the truth. The laws they are trying to pass right now today in our congress are just sick and wrong. I am not an Israeli and I have nothing against people who are. But America is not isreal and we as a nation should never accept our congress trying to force these laws onto our people!.

Bolsonaro could maybe learn from Netanyahu how to setup an AIPAC like organization to push for billions in aid every year for Brazil, and remove from office any Senator or congressman who opposes Brazil in any way.