Home | About | Donate

When Donald Trump’s Mini-Me Met a Rational Grown Up

Agree - when it has come to this, we are losing our bearings and stooping too low - and then they win …

1 Like

It seems to be O.K. to call a male politician a corporate whore. What happened to equal rights?

Now I’m flashing on the episode of Night Gallery, the marvelous sequel to The Twilight Zone also hosted by Rod Serling. It was titled The Earwig, where the victim ends up having one crawl into his ear and lay eggs. Scary as hell. Then there are the real life bot flies, that lay their eggs after boring a hole into the victim’s skin, to grow on bodily substances. One wonders if anyone checked Pence out just to be sure this wasn’t a bot fly…Not that there’s much grey matter there to provide nutrition.

1 Like

Well maybe it was a shit fly and grey matter not its preferred source of nutrition.

2 Likes

There was a tv show in the US, “Braindead” ~https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4877736/ that was brilliant political satire. It explained so well why politicians are the way they are. Insect from space have eaten their brains.

Sadly, it only lasted one season.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you asking here? From the Urban dictionary these are fairly widely used terms. I guess if you use the term “male politician” it changes the meaning from a more generic term. With corporate being a group that acts as a single entity. I guess it also depends on your view of corporations.

Hi Rakal:
LOL, but sometimes I have heard the word used for both men and women. And too,
Trump is so fond of pussy grabbing and rape…sigh-----if the media had truth everywhere, then E. Jean Carroll would NOT have been fired from her job for writing about her Trumpish experience------that’s some big time misogyny!

misogyny

1 Like

“reasoned throughout, cogent and thoughtful”

With the exception of Clinton’s womanizing and visits with Epstein, the same could be said for both him and Obama. And still much that was not good for the American people - and the world - occurred during both administrations. That sort of presentation is a very effective cover for the ruling class, and is apparently impenetrable for a good deal of the electorate as well as the author. Trump may well have screwed the pooch so thoroughly he will lose this time, but the ticket offered by the Democrats, incongruously and once again, holds almost nothing to be excited about.

3 Likes

What I am saying is when a male politician is called a ‘corporate whore’ it means he is selling himself to corporations. No one says a thing about the word whore in this male context (a whore may be male or female as far as prostitution goes). All I am saying is that when one enters the political arena/cesspool and is referred to as a whore it means a sellout for $ and can apply to both sexes equally. No it is not a flattering term but I never see an objection to the word itself when it is applied to a male politician. I was trying to be cute but missed the mark I guess. Personally I prefer insults that have more creativity (You know the ones where you have to wonder if you are being insulted or not). I was trying to support the comment/response of Wise Owl to Rakal’s comment on Wise Owl however ineptly and replied to the wrong link. Sorry for the confusion. Also I am a sucker for puns however tortured they may be.

1 Like

Oh ok. I might have been overthinking it a bit too. I don’t usually use the term (that at one time was a biased term with female origins) except in response to its use by someone else. I think we are all term searching for ways to define political corruption and Rakal took it to a rather personal level.

It was a good point and yes, this term is definitely growing wings in this election cycle. :slight_smile:

Here’s an example of more creative insults.
These glorious insults are from an era before the English language was boiled down to 4-letter words.

A member of Parliament to Disraeli: "Sir, you will either die on the gallows or of some unspeakable disease.

“That depends, Sir,” said Disraeli, “whether I embrace your policies or your mistress.”

"He had delusions of adequacy ." - Walter Kerr

“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” - Winston Churchill

“I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.”- Clarence Darrow

“He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary.” - William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway)

“Thank you for sending me a copy of your book; I’ll waste no time reading it.”- Moses Hadas

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.”- Mark Twain

“He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.” - Oscar Wilde

“I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one.” - George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

“Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second … if there is one.”- Winston Churchill, in response
“I feel so miserable without you; it’s almost like having you here.”- Stephen Bishop

“He is a self-made man and worships his creator.”- John Bright

“I’ve just learned about his illness. Let’s hope it’s nothing trivial.”- Irvin S. Cobb

“He is not only dull himself; he is the cause of dullness in others.” - Samuel Johnson

“He is simply a shiver looking for a spine to run up.” - Paul Keating

“In order to avoid being called a flirt, she always yielded easily.” - Charles, Count Talleyrand

“He loves nature in spite of what it did to him.” - Forrest Tucker

“Why do you sit there looking like an envelope without any address on it?” - Mark Twain

“His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork.” - Mae West

*"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."*  - Oscar Wilde

*“He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts… for support rather than illumination.” - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

“He has Van Gogh’s ear for music.” - Billy Wilder

“I’ve had a perfectly wonderful evening. But I’m afraid this wasn’t it.”- Groucho Marx

So basically they are keeping up with centuries old christian traditions as championed by the vatican itself.

Hehe…Excellent!

~https://www.pinterest.com/iowaCASA/who-says-feminists-arent-funny/

“I’m not bossy, I have skills, leadership skills, understand”