With global attention—and much speculation—focused on their meeting on the sidelines of the G20 summit in Germany on Friday, a handful of former spies said the experienced Russian President Vladimir Putin had the likely advantage over U.S. President Donald Trump, a novice in terms of world affairs and a man described as "sociopathic narcissist" in terms of temperament.
A homeless street grifter would have the upper hand on Donnie the Idiot Tiny Hands.
I would concede that Putin would have an advantage here, but the problem for him is that Trump is such a liar that nothing he says can be relied on - unless Putin can give him something tangible such as increased Russian investment in his businesses and how can that happen with Tillerson hanging around? So all in all, I doubt if the little chat will be of any consequence.
Maybe Don Jr and Eric can meet later on with Putin's people for more substantive talks.
No, not "just about". He is a sociopathic narcissist. (My commentary in parenths)
In many cases, people with narcissistic personality disorder:
- Are self-centered and boastful (Nah the Donald? certainly not)
- Seek constant attention and admiration (never daily on Twitter)
- Consider themselves better than others (And he is smarter than all the generals--right?)
- Exaggerate their talents and achievements (how many was that inauguration crowd)
- Believe that they are entitled to special treatment (two scoops of ice cream for him, one for everyone else--manchild)
- Are easily hurt but may not show it
- Set unrealistic goals (How many of those promises achieved on day 1, like repeal of ACA?)
- May take advantage of others to achieve their goals (Has he fired ANYONE, compelled others to resign, to maintain his dictatorial power?)
Other common traits of narcissistic personality disorder include the following:
- Preoccupation with fantasies that focus on unlimited success, power, intelligence, beauty, or love
- Belief that he or she is "special" and unique, and can only be understood by other special people
- Expectation that others will automatically go along with what he or she wants
- Inability to recognize or identify with the feelings, needs, and viewpoints of others
- Envy of others or a belief that others are envious of him or her
- Hypersensitivity to insults (real or imagined), criticism, or defeat, possibly reacting with rage, shame, and humiliation
- Arrogant behavior and/or attitude
Drumpf and Drumpfer.
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
Why not?? Vlad the (New) Impaler can offer Tillerson (a "Hero" in Russia, BTW) to give Exxon a greater role in developing Russia's oilfields, and thereby make his (and Tweetle-Dumb's) Exxon stock more valuable. And what incentive does Tillerson have to NOT look the other way when Vlad offers Dinky Donnie an open account in one (or more) of the many State-controlled Russian banks – especially when there are no American reporters or other U.S. witnesses present?
(except by almost instantly tweeting retaliatory responses to perceived slights)
By the way, "Only TWITS Twitter!"
Crazy meets Cruel, Devious meets Deadly, Neophyte Despot meets Inveterate Despot...and the room filled with a swarm of flesh-eating locusts gorging themselves on the evil therein.
Copy of a letter I have just sent to several newspapers around the country:
Comment on the video of the initial meeting of and photo op for Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin: talk about body language! Both men were leaning forward in oversized armchairs. Both looked ready to leap to their feet.
Most telling, both had maximum “man spread” allowed by the confines of the chairs. Maximum exposure of genital areas couldn’t have been more indicative of the testosterone overload that characterized the personality and history of each. This meeting was going to be more “pissing contest” than intellectual engagement.
Update: The meeting, slated to last 30 minutes, took almost two hours. Each side had different reports on exactly what took place. With no official record of the proceedings, we are left to choose a version. Even in reporting on the meeting, Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump are jockeying for dominance.
What did we expect from two of the biggest blowhards on the planet?
..... and Putin is massing troops near Texas to perform s lightening raid and annex Kansas ....
Did anyone else notice that Putin rarely looked at Trump during their televised meeting? Trump was seeking to make eye contact being super-friendly, like a clumsy puppy dog, and Putin mostly avoided looking back. Trump cannot win world leaders' recognition by seeking to charm them. He's WAY out of his depth.
To be frank if you were in a room with Trump you probably would try whatever possible to avoid eye contact with him as well.
I know I would!
Putin two wins and one loss. Thank God for France. We have an election system that is the envy of every third world dictator on the globe. It is flawed, intentionally vague and corrupt Putin lost the election by 10.6 million popular votes, even though I know of several dead republicans that voted for him twice.
When do we start calling this for what it is, Treason. This is no longer entertaining or cute