Home | About | Donate

'Where Are the Tapes, Sean?': As Spicer Demurs, ACLU Requests Comey Records

'Where Are the Tapes, Sean?': As Spicer Demurs, ACLU Requests Comey Records

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) on Monday requested that the White House hand over any records pertaining to President Donald Trump's firing of former FBI director James Comey amid investigations into alleged Russian meddling in the U.S. presidential election.

The ACLU filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with the U.S. Department of Justice, saying it was impossible to know the truth with the Trump administration's constantly-changing stories, "each of which is increasingly troubling."

Wouldn't it be great if the American People could 'Fire' little Donnie?

They can. In four years.

Worst case scenario for DJT:

An emboldened media, smelling blood and itching to rub Trump's face in his Fake News tweeting, actually does investigative journalism, ala cultivating tipsters in the White House.

Bonus for the media: ratings, clicks, and news stand sales go way up.

I said i would post this when i found it. I knew it was Nixon. They're audio recording devices in the oval office. The article says it was during a time frame. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_White_House_tapes. Be sure to pay attention to this quote from the article: "Nixon's refusal of a congressional subpoena to release the tapes constituted an article of impeachment against Nixon, and led to his subsequent resignation on August 9, 1974.[6]" So we need Congress to subpoena, which im certain they won't do, and if he refuses, then he can be impeached. Knowing history can help sometimes.

They may not be able to fire him and the impeachment process takes a long tinie with an uncertain outcome. The best thing to do is to keep on going with what's happening now. Every time the president makes a public screw up, like getting photographed with two Russian spies and losing control of the pictures so they get seen in the US against his will, getting outed telling them things.

These are major screw ups and each one cuts into his already low approval rating. They must keep happening -- and they surely will considering the president's combination of incompetence and inability to believe he can do or be wrong about anything.

Each incident and the reaction to it must combine to get the message that this man is unsuitable to be president. Public pressure for him to resign and get out of all our way. We don't want him here and an instant replay over and over like commercials for a product removal will, we hope, do the trick soon. Get his approval rating down to low single digits and even he will eventually see the light at the end of his escape hatch.

They can by becoming publicly outraged at every Trumpstunt until his remaining 36 percent can't take it any more and the message becomes loud and clear that the American people don't like him any more and want him to leave.

In other countries huge demonstrations have taken place whose only demand is that the Head of State skedaddle pronto.

I'm with you Stiffy, I say we camp out on the mall, in front of the White House, anywhere one of our s/elected officials are and demand resignations.

Is the mall still open?

Between the Capitol Building and the Washington Monument, yes.

That's where Trump had 1-1/2 million people for his Inauguration, remember?

Just kidding about Trump's delusion.