Home | About | Donate

'Where Are the Tests?' US Schools Reopen Amid Worrying Lack of Covid-19 Resources for Students, Educators

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/10/where-are-tests-us-schools-reopen-amid-worrying-lack-covid-19-resources-students

“Anybody that wants a test can get a test. That’s what the bottom line is.” - Trump, March 6, 2020

I read last week, that you can only get a test when showing symptoms. So everyone without symptoms is automatically excluded. I also read that the tests used here, are only 2 in 3 accurate, so 1 in 3 is a fake, both positive and negative. If 100 children were to be tested, about 33 would be misread. That would not help much either. Why doesn’t the government get good testing ?

Do Not send your kids back to school right now. My state has been back for 4-5 weeks now (depending on location), it’s a total cluster f**k. Just had a teacher die two days ago that taught about 25 mi. from my house. The last figures I saw, 2 weeks ago, was 3000+ students, and 250+ teachers are quarantined because of covid. And this is one of the lowest populated states east of the Mississippi River.