Home | About | Donate

Where the President Goes, Coronavirus Follows: Analysis Shows Spike in Covid-19 Cases After Numerous Trump Rallies

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/27/where-president-goes-coronavirus-follows-analysis-shows-spike-covid-19-cases-after

1 Like

Veni, vedi, infectus.

10 Likes

They Just Don’t Care, Do U?

7 Likes

The people who go to these rallies bear responsibility also. And should be held criminally liable for exposing others.

10 Likes

You get that off flotus jacket ?

Seemed the appropriate evocation somehow.

3 Likes

Aside from poor leadership, the spread of cases in the US also results from differences in societal values. In Japan, for example, wearing a mask is considered normal–even if one has a cold. In the US, mask wearing is considered an infringement on one’s human rights.

4 Likes

Mr. Trump, our state is so incredibly dominated by Democrats that it’s not funny. We have maybe four Republican State Senators and five State Representatives. They can all carpool.

Please, Mr. Trump, there are so many big swing states out there with lots of electoral votes. You don’t want to campaign in a little dinky state like Rhode Island. It’s so small here, even the mice are short-fingered.

2 Likes

Here in western Pa, trump had a rally a couple of weeks back in Latrobe (known for Arnold Palmer and Mr Rogers). The rubes out there in Pennsyltucky are now closing schools because they have one of the fastest growing Covid rates in the state.
Covid may just be the final nail in the coffin of the american experiment. We were teetering on the edge any way, but now seven months of a pandemic have laid bare all of America’s oldest and most heinous flaws. And since we are a divided nation, this pandemic may surely cause the collapse of the Republic.
Pandemics have brought down empires before. It appears to be happening again, in real time, right before our eyes

11 Likes

Are you saying that you’re so small Connecticut can see what you’re doing? I mean what you’re ALL doing?

George Wanker Bush comes to mind. Along with Tony B-liar.

3 Likes

Peter Ustinov ( I can watch blackbeard’s ghost over and over )
“ war is the terrorism of the rich. Terrorism is the war of the poor”.
Or something like that. It’s my cobweb filled memory cells.

4 Likes

Typhoid Donnie.

2 Likes

I wish I did not agree with that assessment but it does seem obvious. I have always thought that optimism was crucial to an activists make up, otherwise it is far too easy to succumb to ennui and despair.
Perhaps the majority of Americans, now exposed to both how fragile is our democracy and how inefficient is our health care system ( but oh so profitable) will finally rise up to insist upon better?

1 Like

Any way to get any accurate assessment, following Trump’s cross-burning & chicken buggering rally in Johnstown? I’m awaiting Geroge Romero’s 4th “DEAD” movie… from a whole new perspective? Fred and Andy, or maybe Albert Ellis doing the interviews as suppurating zombie locals waddle about, tagged & bagged, famished for brains, Velveeta & Slurpees?

~https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/Great-Johnstown-Flood-1889 (betya, the story will soon be disappeared)

~https://taibbi.substack.com/p/10-ways-to-call-something-russian

2 Likes

There’s a good chance Trump will be president for four more years. Let that sink in.
“In a democracy, the people get the government they deserve.”

1 Like

Donald J Trump, the gift that keep son giving…you betcha.

The comparison to 9/11 is instructive. We were given not only the war on terror, but the Patriot act and the dramatic expansion of the surveillance and police state. Instructive as well is the fact that the U.S. attacked Afghanistan and Iraq with the quickness (then Libya, Yemen, and Syria) while the alleged hijackers were primarily from Saudi Arabia, with a few from Egypt. By March we will have experienced the equivalent of roughly ten 9/11s. By the way I’m not suggesting we bomb anyone, except maybe Fort Detrick.

3 Likes

Rhode Island’s highest peak is on the Connecticut border, so at least they have a good view. Actually we can hide behind the state landfill if we want privacy.

2 Likes

I’m so glad you brought that up. The very people who are bitching and complaining how wearing a mask is impinging upon their “personal freedom” and their “rights” are the same who said nothing or supported the “Patriot” Act, and the expanded surveillance of their lives; the Real impingement of their rights. My god, what idiots this country has spawned. This is truly what the Rethuglicans have been working so hard toward, and apparently have succeeded. Dimocrats, what are you going to do about it?
(Helpful hint: Chuck, wagging your finger doesn’t work).

4 Likes