Home | About | Donate

'Where's Mitch?': Ocasio-Cortez and Fellow Democrats Search High and Low to Demand McConnell Hold Vote to End Shutdown

'Where's Mitch?': Ocasio-Cortez and Fellow Democrats Search High and Low to Demand McConnell Hold Vote to End Shutdown

Jake Johnson, staff writer

With the economic pain and dire safety risks caused by the record-long government shutdown becoming clearer by the day, Rep.

1 Like

AOC and three like congress women, Good Show. I’m sure all other demodogs were hiding under their desk;-)

6 Likes

He’s probably in Russia getting a thanks from Putin for a job well done and his new orders.

1 Like

‘Where’s Mitch?’

He must be a gopher turtle hiding in his hole.

3 Likes

Think this will be on lamestreet media tonight? or CNN. You go freshmen dems.

5 Likes

Wait until food stamps run out. They will need to go to their second homes in the Grand Caymens to hide.

Sounding a little like Michael Moore’s “Roger and Me”
LOL
The movie is on its way.
Go New Class!!!

3 Likes

McConnell has lined his pockets for a very long time including when he prevented Garland from going to the Supreme Court. His wife is in bed with China. McConnell is in bed with Trump. The question is how many GOP in top levels are also totally wealthy and corrupt to the same off-shore money that is destroying the US for their personal wealth and power.

5 Likes

This sums it up.

2 Likes

Yes! Good job newbies! Mitch McConnell however is an old good ole boy who, like many in the Congress and Senate are just twirling their thumbs–having no resolve nor gumption to even bother to read or listen to anything new.

2 Likes

Oh the temerity of these Dem House freshmen members, demanding that the Repub leaders do their job. We need 250 more AOC’s in 2020.

3 Likes

In the mean time federal workers are filing for food stamps and unemployment. This is the real crisis- and not even the coast guard is getting paid! They are security! So, while Dump et al complains about security , he stops real security from happening. Also, where are protests, and where are the reps demanding the pay and not waiting for McConnell? Surely there could be a veto over ride.

3 Likes

" And he’s nowhere to be found. #WheresMitch?"

He prolly hanging out with with the Dems that could not make it to the White House lunch meeting to discuss the shutdown.

1 Like

Try looking behind Trump, I mean up Trumps behind, he likes hiding there.

3 Likes

They should have checked the soles of their shoes.

That’s where dogshit usually ends up.

2 Likes

Nah. He’s a snapping turtle constantly biting those he’s SUPPOSED to represent in the ass for yet another money treat. I learned marksmanship when my granddaddy (a yellow dawg democrat and hard working farmer/rancher/school bus driver/and Texas Department of Highways and Public Transportation worker…anything to put beans and eggs on the table to feed his family while maintaining a smile in public) would take me and his old Savage 3-D single shot .22 rifle down to one of his stocktanks and shoot snapping turtles and water moccasins. If only the senate were a stock tank. Oh and by the way wing-nuts/gun nuts, I can shoot the eyes out of a gnat at 200 yards with any gun you choose so don’t let your gun nut mentality deceive you that lefties can’t fight back.

3 Likes

The Repugnants have zero incentive to reopen the Government.
Since to be hired by the government you need to be able to read and write (not very well, just enough to fill out forms), government workers tend to be Democrats and minorities.
The racist ignorant Trumpian White Trash take great pleasure in knowing government workers are suffering, as you would expect. You can see this is accurate by visiting Breitbart and other White Blue Collar Trash sites; they are gleeful.
Since the Repugnant base gets energized by the shutdown and the Democratic base suffers, it is a matter of time until the Democrats cave.

1 Like

Really bad----super bad reporting from PBS Newshour tonight. Lisa Desjardins stating the shut down is “between democrats and the president and not the senate”. How the media shape the narrative.

Democrats coming into power with the gov already shut down----democrats have voted to open the government------the SENATE has the power to pass these bills and could also override a presidential veto-------it is all in McConnell’s court!

Get past all the indoctrination about three equal branches of government ----the real POWER is vested in Congress------this is what makes the US a great country and almost free.

Absolutely there should be NO state of the union speech on Capital Hill when REPUBLICANS fail to do the basic fundamental job of keeping the government running. Don’t use security as a fig leaf------JUST SPEAK TRUTH TO POWER.

GO PELOSI--------NOW PASS HR1

3 Likes

Ol Mitch might be sipping a mint julep (that the taxpayers bought him) on his back porch (that the taxpayers bought him). Since there are very few corporate taxpayers us poor slobs foot the bill for Ol Mich’s follies, including those silly blue suits and red ties. Ollie Ollie Oxen free Mitch! The game is over. Best chug that Julep and get back to being a stand up comic.

1 Like
Ocasio-Cortez sez:
“Where’s Mitch is my question.”

Standing in Chump’s shadow, holding very still.

2 Likes