Home | About | Donate

Whether Impeached or Voted Out or Stays Put, Ocasio-Cortez Says Trump Remains 'Symptom of Much Deeper Problems'

Whether Impeached or Voted Out or Stays Put, Ocasio-Cortez Says Trump Remains 'Symptom of Much Deeper Problems'

Jon Queally, staff writer

Amid widespread speculation over the weekend stirred by the submission of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report to the Department of Justice, Rep.

7 Likes

A brit friend of mine turned me on to a British actor (Tom Walker) commentator and YouTube star who sums up what is seriously wrong with our nation. I bring you Jonathan Pie discussing the last presidential election.

14 Likes

Donald J. Trump has given new meaning to the term ‘POTUS’:  Piece Of Totally Useless Shit.  Nonetheless, as pointed out both above and below, he is merely a symbol and natural result of the corruption and stupidity that pervades present-day Amerika.

Clean up the CESSPOOL that is Washington — Starting with the TURDS at the TOP!   ALL of Them!!

11 Likes

I overwhelmingly approve of AOC, everything she says. I appreciate her vocalizing on a constant basis serious issues which are never heard on the media and this is a very crucial point she makes. We’ve heard nothing but Russia Russia, Russia, and Trump, Trump, Trump for over two years now and it feeds the mass delusion that Trump is the problem, he’s not! Trump is the inevitable result of our political system, which under trump has become even more corrupt, and should he suddenly be gone somehow, we would still be in very dire straits.

18 Likes

Finally a congresswoman who sees the problem and is willing to enunciate it!!!

10 Likes

I think it is stupidity accelerated by declining economics. We should get used to it as we have been mining the planet of resources and the rest of the countries in the world to support our unsustainable lifestyle for decades.

3 Likes

Cut the head off of the snake and the body is easier to kill.

2 Likes

Starting with our flawed and antiquated election system.:

Candidate Party Popular Votes

Donald J. Trump Republican 62,980,160
Hillary R. Clinton Democratic 65,845,063
Gary Johnson Libertarian 4,488,931
Jill Stein Green 1,457,050

Issues spoilers and American antique known as the electoral college, more appropriately called the kindergarten of confusion.

4 Likes

It’s not a snake its a hydra.

4 Likes

I just wish that people would pickup on what she said and run with it. It’s about inclusion. We must practice and preach inclusion. All of our shadows are the same.

4 Likes

I AGREE that INCLUSION is a significant part of what’s NEEDED. But, that’s part of what elected Trump: that some white people–esp. white men— do NOT WANT TO INCLUDE people who are NOT white (esp. Christian & heterosexual) men! I know we have to reach out to these people far more than we have. But, if face to face, they are anything like the Trump Cult-members one sees online, it’s hard to be optimistic. It seems like part of THEIR identity is BASED on EXCLUDING others.

5 Likes

She certainly hit the nail on the head there.

3 Likes

You are right of course. We have a condition in America that needs fixing. And it is the “Proud to be an assho- -.” condition.

4 Likes

Not really.
It is people not used to living at a standard they earned rather than what their country has been exploiting for them. Following WWII people got used to a living standard that was a temporary reality dependent on no competition from the rest of the world. As that dissipated temporary fixes such as unsustainable borrowing filled the gaps until now…even that has exhausted its course. Reality is coming home to America. They do not have either the military expertise, resources, or will to continue stealing from the rest of the world and so like the Roman Empire they will exceed their limits and collapse. Given the acceleration of global warming, the collapse of America will be much quicker that their Roman counterpart.

6 Likes

The long con called the ‘American Dream’ was found to be a grift by those whom had been swallowing it whole.

3 Likes

How long will AOC last, a brave woman under siege?

Big Money will destroy any savior.

No leader, all leaders.

If it’s not direct it’s not democracy.

1 Like

AO-C is right. But the d-party establishment is a house built on money.

As such, it won’t budge from the corporate kiss-ass status quo.

You want change? Let’s build an entirely new party.

6 Likes

The “American Dream” HAS been a Trojan Horse hasn’t it?

1 Like

Sounds like the kind of collapse that we need to move on to a different form of government. Even if it is just a tweaking.

2 Likes

They just forgot to tell ALL of us that are not predisposed of unbridled success that our lot was going to be different. And that success for some, meant the downfall for others.

1 Like