Home | About | Donate

Which Side Are We On?

Which Side Are We On?

Kathy Kelly

"On the one side, powerful military bureaucracies, influential and richly financed weapons industries, their lobbies, their captive legislators, those for whom paranoia or past wars are a way of life. On the other side, only reason, the will to survive, the inarticulate poor" —John Kenneth Galbraith, forward to the 1978 edition of Ruth Sivard’s World Military and Social Expenditures, quoted in the NYT obituary for Ruth Sivard

And when the veterans come home, the generals retire to K-Street, while so many of the soldiers retire to the street. I side with VFP (Veterans for Peace). I wish they could find a louder voice.

The Greens and Jill Stein will not be able to tear this wall down. Get real! I was Green and worked hard for Ralph Nader. It's been tried, it failed. Mother Nature may win and will be sad for all of humanity. Just maybe Bernie and start the fix of the rot from within.

"On the one side, powerful military bureaucracies, influential and richly financed weapons industries, their lobbies, their captive legislators, those for whom paranoia or past wars are a way of life. On the other side, only reason, the will to survive, the inarticulate poor" —John Kenneth Galbraith

Great quote!

"Which side are you on?"

The winning side.

Go Bernie!

Bernie's long progressive track record speaks for him:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Bernie_Sanders.htm

Jill Stein would be great. I would vote for her if there was proportional representation. Bernie can give us that. Unfortunately without PR, voting for her amounts to voting for the Koch Brothers.

Go Bernie!

Thank you Kathy Kelly for all that you do and have done over the years for peace in this world and now your efforts to assist these Afghan children as they learn to make better the lives of their fellow humans in Kabul.

What's your solution?

How many of these programs would one drone pay for?

We know that the drones are actually counter-productive, they create more problems than they solve.

Here's a program that actually improves kids lives.

Yet our tax dollars go to the drone.

Peace is possible, but those who profit from war control the budget.

So we're buying war instead of peace.

Hey, "One trick pony," can you comment on any other subject? Your ONLY line is this one with maybe 3 variations upon its basic message repeated ad nauseum.

We may be buying it, but only if included in this generic-WE frame is the understanding that the MIC holds a virtual bayonet to "our" heads.