Home | About | Donate

While Nation Watched Mueller, Hearing Down the Hall Focused on 'Harmful Chaos' and Real Victims of Trump Era

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/24/while-nation-watched-mueller-hearing-down-hall-focused-harmful-chaos-and-real

Excuse me if I’m not impressed by Debbie Wasserman Schultz crying tears for persecuted children days after the Israelis blew up Palestinian houses for being on the wrong side of a wall, thereby throwing dozens of children into the street, and yesterday voted for a bill that attacks people wanting to show solidarity with the victims. Spare me Debbie.

9 Likes

Hi Unmentionables:
sigh— yes I agree with you about the Debbie Wasserman Schultz person, and I agree with you too as Israel turns into the nazis along with our planet imploding at the same time. : (
Sometimes, I just wish everyone had to leave Jerusalem, and then for those who believe the when Jerusalem falls, that Jesus is coming back------- it would also be worth it to blow the place, and if no one reappeared—then maybe we could all learn to get along with having religious differences and forgetting about chosen people and all the other stuff that makes humans hate each other. : (

1 Like

An Acrostic Note toward a Peaceful World

Saving the World is a mighty endeavor
That can break the heart of those on the trail,
As well as the one who just wants to be clever.
Renew your efforts on a smaller scale,
There are ideas that cannot fail.

Share with those you find around you.
Mighty weapons are hugs and smiles,
And you’ll find they come back to bless you, too.
Love scatters light for many miles,
Lighting the way to the plan in the files.

Lately the news seems filled with hate and tragedy;
Only occasionally does love and kindness appear.
Verily, we need a new strategy,
Encouraging empathy and forgiveness instead of fear.

Teachers revered throughout history have always taught love,
Hatred is proved but a sordid blind alley.
Youth has always sought a path of enlightenment in the light above.

Now we are facing a cult of hate and destruction,
Engorging itself upon power and greed.
It is time We the People begin giving instruction,
Growing love and compassion with new seed.
Hatred is like being chained to an oar in a galley.
Brotherly love can snap the chain and break the oar,
Or, take the galley and head for an halcyon shore.
Resolving in peace, that of hate, we will take no more.

Steve Osborn
28 May 2017
(For those not familiar with acrostic poetry, read the first letter of each line all the way to the end and you’ll find your answer.)

I tried to watch the entire hearing until the digital images were distorted at 3/4 point. Led by a strong congresswoman Rosa DeLoura of Connecticut, HHS administrators spewed forth verbal garbage when they were forced to answer questions regarding to offences due to the administrations. As usual the administrators of HHS responsible were not able to give yes or no answers without Orwellian talk-speak.
Thanks for the post. It was quite interesting and I would like to learn about the results which should follow.

Russiagate served many purposes for the Dems and the Deep State for these last 2+ years, among them: distracting from HRC’s stunning loss to a reality TV host and why that happened, distracting from Trump’s real policies (most of which the Dems have only mildly “opposed”), used to suppress and censor dissident voices on the left, and used to push a more belligerent foreign policy - criticizing Trump from the right.

1 Like

Trump colludes with the same foreign government that his predecessors have but it will not be acknowledged or investigated.Mueller Report was a big,expensive distraction from our collapsing economy and other problems;http://themillenniumreport.com/2019/04/mueller-report-nothingburger-a-huge-distraction/

1 Like

Miminitrue;
Thank you! That is a wonderful acrosti poemc! And so, for those who have no pen and paper handy: " START SMALL LOVE THY NEIGHBOR… a wonderful message message, which I need to work on as I can get rowdy very easily. : )

2 Likes

Hi Tom Larsen:
Thanks for another great show. I agree with the university man. I was really annoyed when America became annoyed that Turkey bought the Russian planes. After the world seeing Boeing and its 737s kill so many people , planes that act more like bucking broncos, why would ANYONE buy planes from Boeing?
Secondly, I stopped reading a lot of news and magazines that spoke of RussiaGate. I believe what Bill Binney said- and the others in VIPS too- that the info came from within the US and not overseas from Russia.
Besides, with America’s 17 spy agencies, how is it that no one saw this RussiaGate, a Plus ever since Mr. Clapper spied and said he lied to Congress, and we can watch him say this on tape------- why would anyone believe any of them?