Home | About | Donate

While Schumer Mercilessly Criticized for Caving to GOP, These 16 Senators Praised for Standing Firm for Dreamers

While Schumer Mercilessly Criticized for Caving to GOP, These 16 Senators Praised for Standing Firm for Dreamers

Jon Queally, staff writer
"The road to the Trump shutdown was paved with broken promises and bad faith from Republican leaders, and there is little reason to believe that will change."

Both of my Senators from Oregon are on the short list.
I thought for sure Bernie would be on it.

The short list doesn’t include everyone on the list. Sanders is on the list.

Shumer isn’t stupid - he knows very well the Republicans can’t be trusted - therefore, he either doesn’t give a damn about the immigration issue or he’s taking orders from the oligarchy to torpedo any immigration legislation. Regardless of his motives, the only thing he’s really managing to torpedo is the Democrats chances in November. Yes, sixteen Ds voted against dealing with the Rs, but when thirty-two voted with the Rs, it’s going to be hard to sell the voters, come November, that the Ds have changed at all.

Once again the Dims have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. What a bunch of wimps. Schumer and the cowards that went along with him get the Neville Chamberlain award.

The Oligarchy wants more customers and a larger labor supply.

Obviously, it was their turn to be the good guys.

Neither of my Senators from Washington are on this short list and shame on them both. I expected as much from sellout Patty Murray, the self-described “mom in tennis shoes”. However, I expected more from Maria Cantwell. Both of them were also in favor of the TPP and “Fast Track” so I am glad that I didn’t vote for Murray in 2016 and its looking like I won’t be voting for Cantwell again either. Just what is that that turns most people who move to Washington, D.C. to “represent” their constituents into weasels? Washington is still a mostly liberal state and it deserves better than these two.

So that’s what your counting on. What happens if your crystal ball quits working?

Polls were already getting tighter…now this cave in. I’m not seeing a wave in November:

A vote of thanks to the heroic 16:
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Booker (D-NJ)
Cortez Masto (D-NV)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Harris (D-CA)
Hirono (D-HI)
Leahy (D-VT)
Lee (R-UT)
Markey (D-MA)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Murphy (D-CT)
Paul (R-KY)
Sanders (I-VT)
Tester (D-MT)
Warren (D-MA)
Wyden (D-OR)

Let’s hope their courage isn’t lost in history and that their fears don’t materialize.

Even Menendez stayed with wethepeople, but Bennet took a dive…
I’ve seen the poor maligned weasel (above) has more integrity than these spineless and/or incredibly naive Dems.

The one ray of hope, albeit a tiny one, is that they’ll get do it all over in three weeks, since this is yet another temporary spending bill. That’s cutting it way too close, though, for the Dreamers. They’re not only at the mercy of McConnell and the Senate Republicans, but also Ryan and the House Republicans who may be even more anti-immigration than the Senate Republicans. Not good. This has to be terrifying for the Dreamers.

See? Normalization works!!

Thank you, MSM and Coward Congresscreeps.

I’m not a Dreamer, but I know many…many. And each and every one of these kids has more integrity than anyone in D.C.

I AM scared…this gives the corrupt or more naive Dems time to swallow the scorpion’s promises not to sting the frog wanting to cross the pond. God only knows what else the friggin’ Dems will sell us out on…

Shame on these politicians to use these people as political pawns, but, then, shame is a rare commodity in politics, these days.

IMO the Democrats should NEVER have spent their limited political capital / leverage trying to make DACA permanent. Sure, DACA is important; but as they have such limited leverage, why not use it for something of even more fundamental importance, to a broader set of their constituents?

How about, for example, taking some of the long- and vastly-bloated military spending to put towards, say, shoring up / expanding Medicare and/or Social Security? Or towards improving our national energy security via incentives for energy efficiency / renewable energy production? Or ending fossil fuel subsidies? Fixing the gerrymandering problem? Adequate funding for CFPB & restoring Dodd-Frank? Or how about a biggie towards actual democracy; say, a step towards reversing Citizens United?

Ah, but no! They are first and foremost about identity liberalism; not about enhancing democracy itself, nor protecting the broad public interests that a democratic government would uphold.

Are you talking about the two Senators from Boeing? Those two would support anything that would make a billionaire richer, even if many of the poor would suffer or die, 'cause that’s not where the money lies.
*At one time, I thought they were Republicans in mufti, until I realized that they were just good Democrats, doing what they were paid to do, increase profits and power for the Oligarchy.
*All of this hype about supporting or rebuilding the Democrats to save us from the Republicans makes me sick. They both work for the same bosses and do what they are told to do. The bosses don’t care which “Party” wins. That is just Kabuki to make us think we have a voice.
;-})

This simple fact is so obvious. It says all you need to know about liberals. They are just as crazy as their conservative counterparts. Both sides live in worlds that have no semblance of or connection to reality.

Just long green, lot$a long green.
;-})