Home | About | Donate

While Tribes Lose Courtroom Battles, DAPL Divestment Campaign Takes Off

While Tribes Lose Courtroom Battles, DAPL Divestment Campaign Takes Off

Nika Knight, staff writer

A U.S. appeals court on Saturday shut down a last-ditch effort to put a stop to the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL), allowing oil to flow as early as Monday.

Wells Fargo screwed me on my auto loan. I have no idea how much my car ended up actually costing me. They don't let you figure out details like that very easily. Also, it took me way longer to pay off my car than I was led to believe it would. Wells Fargo should be boycotted as a matter of general principle.

This is far bigger than your personal finances. I'm glad to see there are ways to fight back. The huge environmental - clean water/air - problems are obvious to all. So too is the effect re CO2 and climate change. Plus the bad faith shown by the fracking companies - even here in England: in a beautiful rural area in the North Downs, the company claimed it had the County Council's planning approval for some maintenance work - but went ahead with drilling a new well, without permission. Sharp practice!
Plus there's the trivial matter of the US government unilaterally tearing up its treaty with the real owners of this land.
Maybe the United Nations might take this up?

Oh gosh, thank you ever so much for clarifying that....
I never would have figured that out.....