Home | About | Donate

White House to Oust DHHS Inspector General Whose Report Drew Trump Fury

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/02/white-house-oust-dhhs-inspector-general-whose-report-drew-trump-fury

4 Likes

Trump lashed out at press when asked about the report. He described the report as “just wrong,”

The only difference between Trump and other ruthless dictators, is they shot the messengers that brought them bad news that they didn’t like…TRUMP EITHER LIES ABOUT IT OR TERMINATES THEM!

15 Likes

These assholes have been " just wrong" from day one! Vote 'em out, every last one of them! We the people refuse to continue down the path to being Nazi Germany. Peace

15 Likes

It would surely be convenient if I could fire my village police force. Then I could more easily rob businesses or neighbors houses, drive as fast as I want, play the stereo as loud as I want, and make (perfect) phone calls to the White House. And I suppose I could lie my ass off anytime I wish.

12 Likes

All this is a fascist purge of the state apparatus. Hitler did that too.

20 Likes

Yes, to me the only difference is Trump cannot get away with everything Hitler did…yet!

4 Likes

It’s off-kilter when Inspectors General report to the administration investigated, doncha think? Within current standards of ubiquitous governmental depravity, we’re bound to see the whole idea of Inspectors General eviscerated, sooner than later. It was a tepid, ultimately futile attempt by Congress to do something about criminals in the White House. It didn’t work out.

7 Likes

In the early stages of working with a mare that had been neglected for years, I made the mistake of thinking that the gentle use of a pair of blunt spurs could sharpen her attention. It certainly did and she tolerated it for a while. I suddenly discovered precisely how supple her back was when I viewed the two subsequent bucks from the ground, a place I had no idea I’d been delivered to until I looked up. I still learn from that lesson of my own making in presumptuousness.

Spurs are no replacement for long term focused work. The public is more supple than many presume and the instances of being goaded will eventually trigger a full domino effect - cascades of engagement unlike anything that has been seen in generations. The civil rights movement will one of the most valuable sources of teaching ever appreciated.

11 Likes

Not yet, but the danger is there. The November election will be the turning point one way or the other.

4 Likes

Trump, his administration, republican senators, republican governors and the republican party is hell bent on covering up their malfeasance, negligence and intentional criminal behavior in response to the pandemic. No widespread testing, fudging the numbers of infected and dead, destroying the records especially those of federal prisons, refusing to release names of nursing homes with infected so loved ones can remove and save their relatives, firing those involved in oversight, refusing to let experts and authorities speak, intimidating reporters and media outlets, gaging officials. It is very disturbing how easily our government was taken over by the most radical, incompetent conservative scumbag anti American predators.

12 Likes

I hope there will be one, but with the trajectory of the pandemic heading in the direction that easing of controls suggests, I fear …

1 Like

If they will not lie for you keep firing until you find someone who will.

3 Likes

We’ll cross that bridge if we come it to.

Hi Shantiananda:
Hmmm based on the way Trump is behaving—it might not be long before Trump is terminated and someone lies about it. Where is Agatha Christie when we need her??? : )

2 Likes

And what should be terrifying to Progressives, is Trump could win in November no matter if he has to cheat or not!

4 Likes

You mean like Trump loses the November, election…AND CALLS IT FAKE NEWS?

3 Likes

Same as in 1932 Germany.

1 Like

Hi Shantiananda:
There are an amazing number of definitions for the word, terminated! : )

6 Likes

Not too much difference between Germany’s 1932 Fascist,Nazi, Party and Amerika’s 2020 Fascist, Republican, Party.

5 Likes

As long as Trump is terminated one way or another the definition makes no difference to me!

7 Likes