Home | About | Donate

White Male Suspect Sought in 'Ambush-Style' Shootings of Iowa Police: Developing

White Male Suspect Sought in 'Ambush-Style' Shootings of Iowa Police: Developing

Nika Knight, staff writer

This situation is developing.

Two police officers were found dead in their patrol cars in Des Moines, Iowa, early Wednesday morning after what officials described as "ambush-style" attacks.

Des Moines is relatively in the region of the Lakota Sioux reservation, where for about a month police have been acting as an entire justice system against nonviolent protesters. Private dog handlers have had their leashed dogs bite protesters until the dogs' mouths were bloody. Great numbers of police have fired "non-lethal" weapons at unarmed citizens for the crimes of standing or sitting down, and journalists covering these frequent police and private corporation riots have been charged with felonies. Police from seven states have been sent to the reservation.

I submit that all of this violent local media coverage, with its underlying message of "law-free, extremely violent summary justice is patriotic," is tending to set off each community's borderline psychotic individuals. They internalize this message. Then they use exactly the same societal message to solve their own particular problems. To these individuals, it simply doesn't matter whether their problems are real or not, the important thing is to solve them quickly before they come and medicate you first.

Really off track. The alleged shooter is a White racist Trump supporter who was thrown out of a high school sports event for waving a confederate battle flag. Des Moines is not close to any Sioux reservation. Why that is relevant I don't know.

Very sad day for Des Moines and the state of Iowa.

While both Iowa and North Dakota are located in the upper Midwest, I believe PaulK's main point is "... violent local media coverage, with its underlying message of 'law-free, extremely violent summary justice is patriotic,' is tending to set off each community's borderline psychotic individuals."

That describes the alleged shooter, who is reported to have multiple social and family problems and previous trouble with the law, besides his recent confederate flag incident at the high school football game.