Home | About | Donate

White Nationalism, Born in the USA, Is Now a Global Terror Threat

White Nationalism, Born in the USA, Is Now a Global Terror Threat

Art Jipson

The recent massacre of 50 Muslim worshippers at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand is the latest confirmation that white supremacy is a danger to democratic societies across the globe.

0 Likes

White Nationalists, White Supremacists, Neo-Nazis, and all Violent Bigots must be exterminated like the cockroachs they are.

Hey, perhaps I’ve found a new use for "Round-Up."

0 Likes

ANOTHER fail. This article. PROPAGANDA by not telling the whole truth but only part of the truth- thus hiding the facts it purports to be exposing.

The worst examples of the USA and exporting White Supremacy are not done by the Alt Right and David Duke. They are done by the CIA and the State Department and the Pentagon. They are arranged by Henry Kissinger and Madeline Albright and Hillary Goddamn Clinton and John Bolton.

The two biggies right now of USA exporting and supporting officially white nationalism are in Palestine and in Venezuela.

But I guess white nationalism is like terrorism, right? If one person straps a bomb to himself and blows up a building it’s terrorism. If a nation uses bombs from the sky to blow up entire villages it’s a ‘war on terror’ or ‘the right to defend itself.’

So I guess if one thug shoots up few dozen Muslims it’s white supremacy. But if Israel, using US dollars and US arms and US cover at the UN, bombs a few thousand Muslims it’s ‘the right to defend itself.’ It doesn’t matter that the reason Israel is doing that is because the Muslim aren’t white European/American Jews, but brown people who just want to live in their own land.

So I guess if Trump uses rhetoric that encourages hatred it is the rise of white supremacy. But if Trump and has flunkies plan a coup of white elite oligarchs in Venezuela to destroy a system that helps the masses who are brown, then no one dares mention how race is involved.

Why can’t we tell the truth? The entire truth.

TWO articles on global white supremacy in Common Dreams today and neither one mentions Venezuela or Palestine.

4 Likes

I support the gist of your post. I do however take issue with the lumpen “brown people” because it perpetuates precisely what you seem to be seeking to open up. The peoples, who do have names, in their own languages, as hard as it might seem, need to be recognized in their own humanity, traditions ways of knowing and so much else. I would submit that when we call for attention to humanity we might want to take a look at something like the Socio-Environmental Institute in Brazil with an entire section of the website dedicated to introductions to the 230+ distinct peoples in that nation.

1 Like

I suppose I need poll data as to whether this term is offensive or not to what percentage of the people, but I would say it is just fine. As I would with saying someone is black (or white for that matter). Greg Pallast used the term on Jimmy Dore recently and Jimmy tried to push back and Greg said something to the effect of hey - that’s how Chavez referred to himself. I’ve also heard plenty of Native Americans have no issue with the word Indian and use it themselves. In my opinion, we can reserve linguistic criticism for terms that are obviously over the line (of which many are used here on CD - usually when describing Hillary Clinton who I can’t stand either but I’m not about to use a slur for women in my outrage).

0 Likes

“Brown” happens to be a self owned term by Persons of Color who are not identified as “Black.” I remember when I was in university at mid life in the early 2000s and involved with the LGBTQ student group and we had a social affair with the Brown Student Association.

Also, according to Greg Palast, the term used by non-white Venezuelans for themselves is “Brown.”

But I do like your encouragement to use the terms peoples use for themselves. Thanks.

3 Likes

They sound like a bunch of “Freaks.”
You have your speed freaks, your heroin freaks, and then you have your White Nationalists. The latter freaks being in their own category.

1 Like

White Nationalism, Born in the USA, Is Now a Global Terror Threat AKA White Supremacists .

1 Like

Amen Sister. The amount of BS drifting around as “news” is appalling. And, the pavlovian response by Americans–even so called liberals–is a doubly appalling. If John McCain were here he could, oh wait, he stood shoulder to shoulder with fascists in the Ukraine and was lauded by the American propaganda media.

0 Likes

Let’s be honest, those Arkansas white boys look a bit like FBI of CIA.

0 Likes