Home | About | Donate

Who Is Worse: Donald Trump or Mitch McConnell?

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/12/02/who-worse-donald-trump-or-mitch-mcconnell

1 Like

I haven’t seen a Robert ‘OMG! Russia!’ Reich article since I was reading AlterNet in 2016. I’ll say Mitch McConnell is worse.
I’ve got a tougher one, how about this-- Who Is Worse: Bashar al-Assad or Abraham Lincoln?

1 Like

Let’s all agree to disagree about who is worse.

They both suck.

9 Likes

Bush and Cheney should be included as past worse politicians. And then -------------------

4 Likes

Add O’Bummer & P’Loser to your list as well.  If they had done their jobs in 2009 then Cheney (and Haspel and Prince and Yoo for sure, and maybe even the Lying Son-of-a-Bush) would be in prison for War Crimes along with Mnuchin and his fellow Banksters being locked up for various forms of fraud.  IMHO it was O’Bummer’s abject failure during his first two years in office that put McConnell in charge when disgusted DamnocRats just stayed home instead of voting in November, 2010.

9 Likes

I saw the first two years of Obama as mostly everyone else’s fault. Obama held an olive branch to the right-wing to work together and was denied. He was quite busy trying to get what we could in healthcare reform. He was essential to saving much of the automobile industry. Ford was quite lucky in that regard, the others were not. He did a lot to secure some infrastructure money and put workers back to work on pre-approved projects. Kept the war scene to a minimum, (the first two years).
Was busy undoing some of the Bush-Cheney craziness.
Was a brainy change to the bumbling Bush.
That said, nobody is perfect, or going to please everyone.

1 Like

You know things in a bad way when you have to settle for the worst and the preferred choice is the one who is not as BAD as the other.

“Yeah s/he is a terrible person but at least s/he not as bad as …”

It like picking through the trash save for the fact you can find worse things to do then pick through the trash , one of them being to choose between these politicians.

5 Likes

I hope “The Squad” survives, and then thrives. I don’t see any other help coming other than a possible Bernie presidency.

6 Likes

Who is worse, Biden or Schumer?

8 Likes

Sorry to disillusion you but it was an act of complete and utter stupidity to hold out an olive branch to a party who explicitly stated that their game plan was to vote against everything you proposed. Which they did.

And it was irresponsible to claim a process was transparent when Obama was making backroom deals with Big Pharma, letting health insurance lobbyists write Romneycare while labeling it ObamaCare, and even then not unifying his own goddam party behind the ACA.

And Bush had already thrown billions at GM and Chrysler by the time Obama was sworn in.

And his bank bail out was nothing short of criminal.

11 Likes

I’ve looked at the line up of 2020 Senate races.
I don’t see any way that McConnell will not remain in power.
If someone can show me four d-party wins, I’m all ears.
I’ll go so far as to predict the Rs picking up a Senate seat.

When the dust finally settles and we know the D nominees who will be running against Twump and McConnell, I suggest the theme for their campaigns should be to relentlessly compare and contrast the promises made to the promises actually kept.

1 Like

More than 50% of republicans favor Trump over Lincoln.

2 Likes

Who Is Worse: Donald Trump or Mitch McConnell?

Reich forgot one:

3 Likes

Sorry, Brother, but I had to do a reality check. You are right, though: "Nobody is perfect and he sure as hell is/was a poster boy for that:
https://www.thetoptens.com/worst-things-obama-has-done-during-his-presidency/

ALSO!
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/obama-bernie-sanders-2020-nomination_n_5ddd31a1e4b00149f724793b

AND:

1 Like

I would like to thank Robert Reich for saying people should give money to McConnell’s challengers and not automatically annointing coal loving, war mongering Amy McGrath like the DNC are pushing. She’ll be destroyed just like Alison Grimes in 2014. Matt Jones or Ashley Judd, who was stopped from running by the Kentucky Dem leadership in 2014, would make much more viable candidates and actually have a chance to beat McTurtle.

2 Likes

Hey, want to get really ugly? Throw Chuckles Schumer and Nancy Pelosi into the mix.

2 Likes

Lincoln, kept racists from destroying the republic. Trump, elected by racists to destroy the republic.

3 Likes

I still think Duval Patrick is Obama’s guy and has been promised delivery of all that Wall St. lucre, those voters who still view Barry through rose colored glasses, and second round super delegates. Obama swallowed and agreed to support Hillary and Biden but, now that Joe is collapsing, he can hop on the horse he wanted to ride back in 2015.

2 Likes

Patrick??? Hell, godless, (Love the name!) I have a better chance that that rich aszwhole!

1 Like