Home | About | Donate

Who Will Displace the Omniciders?

Who Will Displace the Omniciders?

Ralph Nader

Citizens challenging the towering threat of climate crisis should never underestimate the consequences of our dependence on fossil fuel corporations. Real engagement with the worsening climate disruption means spending more of our leisure hours on civic action. The fate of future generations and our planet depends on the intensity of these actions.

4 Likes

i’ve been using the word omnicide for thirty years, good to see the concept more widely used. i mean, super sad, but we need to grasp what is happening if we are to take needed action.

5 Likes

Make accepting money from the Oil and Gas Industry punishable with prison time included and watch the proliferation of Renewable Energy Products.

3 Likes

How do we convince people to become more engaged with civic action if we can’t even convince them to stop voting for the corrupt war parties that betray them every time? Unlike protesting, voting third party or write-in or boycotting elections requires no effort or personal risk. I’m not saying voting is the only thing we need to do, just that it’s the least everyone can do.

6 Likes

Spread the word.

10% of voters investing one hundred dollars would total over 1 billion dollars.

Why not use this billion dollars to buy some of the 600 cable channels and/or over the air channels, maybe some radio stations, news outlets, etc. and put Ralph in charge of what goes on those channels.

There could be one for climate change, one or more for all the people that don’t get on anything other than Ralph’s Radio Hour and maybe even one for those that can’t even get on the Radio Hour.

3 Likes

Our only chance of stopping the ongoing omnicide hinges on the immediate dismantling of both corporate America and the US army.
There is little to suggest that the American public will anything but an impediment to those goals.

5 Likes

When the NFL propagandizes with flyovers and national anthems,even the brain dead sports fans salute the flag and celebrate our mercenaries.

2 Likes

When I was a little girl in South Florida, c. 1960, we played a game when the neighborhood kids were over. Dig in the sand until you get water! Whoever gets there first wins. We had plenty of shovels because our septic always needed a new drain field. Two miles from the Atlantic, it took about twenty minutes for a little kid digging about two feet to see a puddle form at the bottom. South Florida is pretty much flat and almost sea level. The land will get salty and people will lose their aquifers as well as farming ability. The Everglades wildlife will be toast–well, mangroves may live. They are coastal water trees.
Regarding the nuke plants, there are two already, built since I left there, and one is already retired. Such a stupid and dangerous investment for such a short time.
Now think about the next giant hurricane to hit Florida. And you will understand why the gov outlawed government employees discussing or writing anything about climate change.

2 Likes