Home | About | Donate

Why an "Apology Tour" Is Needed: An Open Letter to Joe Biden

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/06/10/why-apology-tour-needed-open-letter-joe-biden

4 Likes

Joe “it’s my turn” Biden is, …well that pretty much just sums up the matter…

7 Likes

SCREW any Biden “apology” - he had done far too many outrageous scumbag sellout actions & votes -“if (he) starts “expressing remorse,” there might be no end in sight”. just drop-out and end this BS charade, shilling for the Clinton-Obama “centrist” DINO DLC wing betrayal of so much that matters! The pathetic performance is just embarrassing, likr your entire career, and is “enveloped in an unforgettable stench of evasion.”.

Bye, bye smiley!

13 Likes

In a story posted by Politico this morning:

“If it seems like Joe Biden is running for the nomination of a different Democratic party than the rest of his rivals, that’s because he is.
From his schedule to his messaging to his policy positions, the former vice president is carving a divergent path through the primaries based on a theory that few of his rivals appear to believe - that the Democratic base isn’t nearly as liberal or youthful as everyone thinks.”

Keep on doing what you’re doing Joe, everyone benefits the more you fall behind.

8 Likes

It is about time, Joe wasn’t in this alone he had a lot of support. This is a group reckoning. Great article.

2 Likes

The only ‘apology’ Biden needs to make: I have been a DINO all my career, and too many people have suffered due to my ‘leadership’. I withdraw from the presidential race."

12 Likes

Admitting you have a problem is just the first step. How are we going to change this?

Apology tour? Hey, we just want to SEE him on the campaign trail, not just in prearranged photo ops. He didn’t show up for the Calif Dems thing last week and didn’t show for the Iowa Dems thing the other day when 19 of the 300 Dems running showed. Said he went to his granddaughters graduation, SURE HE DID. When he finally decides to show for ANY event he is gonna (I hope) get bombarded with all sort of questions about his past votes and positions. Then watch his poll numbers fall like a fucking brick.

7 Likes

Not completely, he used to be known (because of his home state of Del) as MBNA Joe. He is definitely in the “pocket” of more than a few corps.

3 Likes

Do you really think that GI Joe the Warmonger would be sincere about apologizing for his wholehearted support for the Iraq War and helping to send thousands of people to their death and creating millions of Iraqi refugees?

He is a Psychopathic Bigot and his personality is not going to change just because he apologizes for things is he not really sorry for.

Once in office he will once again resort to his Militaristic Warmongering.

His recent position on Venezuela is indicative of what his foreign policy will look like: indifference to election results and interference with sovereign nations.

Regime Change Joe. As VP he had no problem interfering with Libya or Syria and the deadly Drone policy of Obama.

6 Likes

Why would anyone consider voting for a person who got it so wrong so often? It displays incompetence.

12 Likes

and that’s why it’s his turn.

2 Likes

The apologies Joe needs to make is that he has been pre-selected for the democratic nomination for POTUS and that Joe is the bogus “FRONT RUNNER” !

6 Likes

“…he’s not really running as a Democrat” - Andrew O’Hehir

Remember when Chuck Schumer told you:

“For every blue-collar Democrat we lose in western Pennsylvania, we will pick up two moderate Republicans in the suburbs in Philadelphia, and you can repeat that in Ohio and Illinois and Wisconsin.”

THIS is the Pelosi / Schumer / Clinton “Democrat” Party. They still fully intend to trade Democrats who aren’t subservient to corporate neoliberal ideology, for Republicans.
It’s the new Republican Party

11 Likes

and / or it reveals a Judas Goat.

3 Likes

If he has the power structure, the ability to “rig things” and the money, it won’t matter what the Democratic party base actually is.

have a look at my post above “…he’s not really running as a Democrat” - Andrew O’Hehi

4 Likes

Bingo! And there is no hoof left - much less leg - on the smarmy sob. At least that’s the take of this oldgoat

2 Likes
6 Likes

What good is an apology if you don’t believe a word he says ?

7 Likes

Dear Joe Biden:
The world has moved on----and you haven’t—but then, the DNC hasn’t moved on much either. …

4 Likes