Home | About | Donate

Why Big Oil Companies—Not Well-Meaning Dildo Makers—Should Be Paying for Australia Fires and Climate Chaos

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/01/13/why-big-oil-companies-not-well-meaning-dildo-makers-should-be-paying-australia-fires

From the article:

“…a dynamic in which the people most responsible for the climate crisis—namely the executives and investors in major oil, gas, and coal companies—avoid paying the cost of their destruction while leaving that burden to the individuals, taxpayers, and creative (and voluntary) efforts of the private sector.”

Isn’t that corporate capitalism in a nutshell?

(Warning: slightly off-topic) The same dynamic can be seen in the chronic underfunding of the Veterans Administration health system and the attendant chronic TV pitches for donations to “Wounded Warrior” groups. “Support the troops,” my weary white a$$–as if we weren’t already breaking under that strain.

3 Likes

Anyone think the real “pricks” will get the message?

3 Likes

It should be illegal for for places like wounded warrior to solicit along with health insurance and pharma.
And after being soaked big time for our military through taxation.

1 Like

Funny how the real dicks dodge responsibility while the imitation ones are assuming the burden.

4 Likes

If one of the few koalas or kangaroos who survived the Aussie inferno apocalypse shoved one of those dildos up Morrison’s arse, it would be sweet revenge.
Or not, because I have a feeling the theocratic prime minister might enjoy it.

Meanwhile, Aussie PM ScoMo called for an investigation of the Aussie government’s response to the wildfire catastrophe.

Which Aussie government? The one that he heads, I guess. Details here.

1 Like

Nah. They’ve got no balls.

David, i admire your spirit.

1 Like

Thank you, my friend.
My role model is Lisbeth Salander, of the Swedish version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo movie.
I don’t want to do a spoiler in case u haven’t seen the movie.
Let’s just say that Lisbeth gets her revenge on a very bad person in a very deep way, and it reminded me of Prime Denier Scott Morrison, lol.

1 Like

I read the book long time ago.